Chapter Two

Ashton slammed his back into a tree, dashing behind it as fast as he could to escape the giants. Well, I guess he was more of a tiny human than they were giants. He stared at his hands, watching them tremble uncontrollably, his whole body doing the same. His ears started to ring, and he was hyperventilating. All of this had happened way too fast. He could faintly make out his friends' voices calling out to him softly. A part of him wanted to just walk into their hands and feel safe, but apparently, this new size came with new subconscious instincts, because Ashton's brain refused to move his legs from this very spot.

Chandler and Eli did their best to try and coax Ashton from his hiding spot, but to no avail. Ashton stayed put, only giving fearful whimpers in response to their words. Chandler pulled Eli aside, lowering his voice so Ashton wouldn't hear them.

"I'm going to have to sneak over there and...grab him." Chandler whispered hesitantly. Eli looked at him with wide eyes.

"Are you crazy?!" He whisper-yelled, "he'll go nuts!" He added. Chandler sighed and nodded.

"I know...but we can't just leave him here. He isn't going to come with us willingly, and it's supposed to get colder later!" Chandler retorted. Eli scoffed quietly.

"It's the middle of April! It can't get that cold!" He said.

"Hey, last time I checked, this is Michigan. Where the weather does whatever the fuck it wants until summer rolls around!" Chandler hissed back, "now please be quiet, and just...just let me do this, okay?" He finished, calming himself down, knowing that if he were in Ashton's shoes right now, he wouldn't want an angry giant person coming after him.

     Chandler's footsteps were dead silent as he took slow steps towards Ashton's tree. As he got closer, he outstretched his arms, ready to gently pick up the tiny human. Although, things weren't exactly going his way at the moment. Ashton thought things were a little too quiet behind him, so he decided to take a quick peek around the tree. He was face to face with Chandler's massive palm. Ashton screamed and backpedaled immediately, scrambling to escape the giant boy once more, but Chandler acted fast, cupping a hand behind him so he was confined to his hand and his body.

Ashton's heart hammered in his chest. What was Chandler planning on doing with him? Why was he doing this? He squirmed and thrashed wildly as the giant tried, again and again, to wrap his other hand around him.

     "Ash...please! S-Stop squirm-dammit...Ashton!" Chandler shouted, immediately regretting it, watching how Ashton froze and tucked into a ball almost instantly. Chandler felt like a monster for doing that, seeing his friend curled up in between his hands, trembling. Sighing, he began to slide his hand underneath the tiny boy.

     Which prompted round 2 of his struggles.

     When Ashton felt the gigantic hand sliding under him, key knew it'd be seconds before defeat. He wasn't going to be taken away like some animal! He shoved against the hand, pushing himself away. Then, with a sudden jerk of his body, he felt his head collide with something. Hard. Ashton put a hand up to his head, and when he pulled back, his fingers were lightly stained with red.

     Chandler gasped as he watched Ashton accidentally bash his head into the tree behind him. He looked at his tiny bloodstained hand, and his eyes went wide. He suddenly stumbled forwards, looking up towards Chandler, before falling down face first in the grass. Chandler quickly scooped him up without a second thought, carrying him back over to Eli.

     "Dude, what the fuck happened over there? Is...IS ASHTON BLEEDING?!?!" He shouted, noticing some blood on the tiny's head.

     "Yeah, he-he whacked into the tree when I was trying to catch him. I gotta take him home with me, get it cleaned and bandaged, and make sure he's okay." Chandler replied, his voice laced with concern. Cupping the injured boy to his chest, he looked down to see Ashton curling into the warmth, but trying to fight off Chandler's hand at the same time, unsure what he wanted more, warmth or safety.

     "N-No...please d-don't..." Ashton mumbled but was cut off as Chandler began lightly petting his head, then moving to his back, trying to soothe him.

     "Shh, don't strain yourself to try and speak, Ash. You're ok, you're safe with us. We're not gonna hurt you." Chandler whispered down to him. He looked over at Ashton's discarded backpack, which had been dropped as Ashton had shrunk. Chandler got an idea.

     "Can you open Ashton's bag for me, and get his phone?" He asked Eli. Eli nodded, grabbing his backpack, unzipping it, and pulling out his phone. Chandler took it from Eli, and unlocked it since Ashton never kept a passcode on it. He went to his text messages and found the one between him and his mother.

     Chandler pressed the text bar, and with a deep breath, began typing.

     Hey mom, is it ok if I spend the weekend at Chandler's? He's gonna help me study for my algebra test next Thursday. Sent. Chandler felt wrong doing this while Ashton was in this state, but what if his parents didn't react well to his sudden change, and his current condition he's even more helpless than he would be without any injuries.

     The phone vibrated, indicating a reply. Sure sweetie, just make sure if you guys go out, don't be out too late, you know I worry a lot. She replied. Chandler sent a quick Thanks! and put Ashton's phone in his pocket.

     "Are you coming, too?" Chandler asked, turning to Eli, who shook his head.

     "Can't. My mom's making me and my brother clean out our garage today...bitch." He mumbled, watching as a small blue car passed them.

     "Shit, that's my brother, gotta go. Take care of Ash, alright? He's my best friend." Eli said, before turning and running to catch up with his brother's car. Once Eli had left, Chandler looked back down to Ashton, who stared back, and whimpered.

     "Shh, shh..." Chandler cooed, "oh, you're probably cold. I'm sorry...here, you can ride in here until we get to my house." Chandler offered, opening his light jacket to reveal an inside pocket made with fluffy material. He gently lowered Ashton in, doing his best to block out his pitiful whimpers of protest. Ashton tried to climb over the lip of the pocket but was gently pushed back down by a finger.

     "Just rest, alright Ash? You don't have to fight, you're safe. Okay, buddy?" Chandler tried to persuade the tiny.

     "O-Ok...'m sorry..." Came a quiet response.

     "You don't have to apologize, Ash...just close your eyes for now, you should get some rest." Chandler replied. Ashton, who was currently too dazed to think clearly, wasn't exactly realizing he was in Chandler's pocket. So, he shifted a little, made a small noise of content, and shut his eyes, snuggling into the soft pocket's material.

Chandler zipped his jacket back up, putting a hand on his chest, where his pocket was with his tiny friend asleep inside. He reached down and picked up Ashton's backpack, slinging it over his other shoulder. He looked down the street and saw his dad's truck approaching. He felt Ashton shift one last time, so he put his hand back on the pocket again.

"Hold on, Ash...we'll figure this out. Everything will be okay." He murmured.

"Everything will be okay."

YEET CHAPTER TWO DONE!!! What do y'all think? Now I'll finally begin the next chapter of The Last Human!!! Y A Y ! Peace out my dudes!✌🏻️🍪