Chapter Four

The hairs on Ashton's body stiffened as he was transferred from Chandler's warm palms to the cold, hard surface of the kitchen island. Chandler handed him a huge grape to nibble on, then turned away to make his own snack. He looked around the kitchen warily, as if something was going to pop out at him. After concluding that he felt relatively safe, he took a small bite out of his grape, watching Chandler grab a big bowl and an un-microwaved bag of popcorn.

Ashton sat contently for a while, staring off into nowhere. He caught himself staring at Chandler, who was absentmindedly scrolling through Twitter while waiting for his popcorn to finish. He blushed and directed his attention back to his grape, nibbling more off of it. He found the skin a little tough to break, so he gnawed at it a bit harder, looking like a dog with a chew toy. A small chuckle from above made Ashton gasp and jerk his head up to see who was there, clearly startled by the sudden presence. He found Chandler looming over him non-menacingly, resting his chin on his hands, elbows propping him on the table.

"You're so cute when you eat at this size!" Chandler gushed, making the tinier of the two frown.

"No, I'm not." He retorted, trying to hide his embarrassed blush.

"Yes, you are."

"No."

"Yes."

"No. No. No. No."

Chandler just smirked, and ruffled Ashton's hair, messing it all up.

"Whatever you say, little guy." He teased, turning back to the microwave to remove his now freshly popped popcorn. Ashton scowled at the little pet name, then his eyes widened.

"Chandler...?" He piped up, a sudden timidness overcoming him as the giant older teen turned to face him. "I...I'm not a, uh...not a p-pet...or anything, r-right? You're not...not keeping me or anything?" He asked, stuttering nervously, unable to make eye contact with him. The sound of pouring popcorn stopped abruptly, and Ashton felt himself being scooped off of the table almost instantly.

"Ash, believe me when I say this, alright? Just because you shrunk down to the size of a human finger, doesn't make you any less human, or some kind of pet for that matter. I'm still gonna treat you as normal as I'd treat Eli, or my sister, or anyone. So don't ever feel like you're less than anybody, because you're not." Chandler reassured him,

"Thanks, Chandler. That made me feel better." Ashton said after a long silence, clinging to his fingers as he sat in Chandler's nice, warm palms again, "you ready to go sit on our asses, doing nothing, and watch some TV?" He asked. Chandler's lips curled into a smile.

"Hell yeah!" He replied. Then he looked confused. "Uh, where should I...put you? Does that sound...not wrong? I don't..." He stuttered.

"Do you have a shirt pocket?" Ashton asked. Chandler nodded.

"Put your hand level with the flap, so I can climb in." He instructed. It felt strange, giving orders to a colossal being. He steadied himself as Chandler's hand moved to chest level, even with his shirt pocket. Ashton walked along the giant's hand, feeling it twitch under him, his small shoes were probably tickling his palm. He shoved the button flap open, hopping in quickly before it fell back down. Once inside, Ashton took a second to adjust himself in a comfy position for the short ride, which was leaning against the teen's warm chest.

Chandler watched the tiny boy cuddle up against him. It took a lot of willpower to not just scoop him out and just gush over his small, cute body. He just let out a small giggle.

"Oh, come on! You have to admit you're being cute now! Or maybe you're just doing it on purpose to get these reactions out of me?" He questioned.