Chapter Six

Ashton was running. His tiny feet making next to no sound against the carpeted floor. He didn't know what he was running from. Maybe it was a who, still, he wasn't entirely sure. Everything around him was pitch black, except for about a ten foot circle around him that seemed to move with him as he ran.

In the distance, Ashton heard giant footsteps approaching. And then a sinister chuckle from above. Ashton panicked, it was definitely a 'who' chasing him, and by the menacing footsteps and laughter, he knew this giant wasn't going to be friendly.

His running continued on for some time, the sound of the thundering giant footsteps still not too far behind. Suddenly, as if by sheer convenience, a huge coffee table came into view, its legs easily dwarfing Ashton's current size. Wasting no time, he darted underneath, shielding himself behind one of the decent sized legs.

"Ashton...come on out..." The giant teased in a sickeningly sweet tone. His taunting voice made Ashton shiver with fear. He peeked around the table leg, his eyes widening as the giant's shoes sauntered closer, seeming to know just where he was hiding. Ashton backed away in hopes that he wouldn't be found.

     It all happened so fast, the giant's unforgiving hand shot underneath and constricted Ashton within its iron grip. He was roughly dragged out from underneath the table, and brought up to his captor's face.

"Gotcha." Ashton went pale when he saw the usually friendly face of Chandler, shifted into a cruel smirk.

"C-Chandler? Wh-What? W-Why are you-?" Ashton was at a loss for words.

"What's the matter, Ash? You thought I was actually going to help you get back to normal?" Ashton squirmed helplessly in his friend's fist. Tears welled up in his eyes.

     "No...I thought about it once you shrunk," Chandler continued, "you're the perfect size to be my little pet! You're so tiny and helpless, I mean, you can't even escape my fist right now,  that I can just keep you and you can't do anything about it!" He taunted. Ashton started crying, the tears pushing past his eyes and trickling down his soft cheeks.

     "I...I...I'll never be y-your little pet! NEVER!!" Ashton shouted up at the intimidating teen. Chandler's face literally darkened at that, and another wave of fear swelled up inside Ashton.

     "Hmm...bad choice, little one." Ashton gasped for air as the fist surrounding him began tightening. He wanted to scream, but it felt like something was blocking his mouth.

     "W-Wait! Chandler, p-please...I'm s-sorry..." Ashton begged, hoping that if he played submissive, he'd live to see another day.

     "Sorry isn't gonna cut it, tiny. You need to learn your place." Chandler replied, his devilish smirk returning.

     "I hope tiny humans land on their feet..."

     Within a split second, Ashton was falling. Once again, his screams were silenced by an unknown force. He saw Chandler's form getting taller as he fell, the boy gave a cruel wave as he neared the ground. Ashton closed his eyes and waited for impact.

     ~~~~~

     "Ashton! Please, wake up...it's okay, you're okay..."

Ashton shot out of sleep instantly. He took in his surroundings, and realized he was sitting in Chandler's palms. He suddenly began to cry and push away from his friend.

"Ash? What are yo-?"

"S-Stay away! Don't hurt me!" He cried out, pushing away the fingers that were now trying to comfort him.

"Ashton, calm down! I-I'd never hurt you, remember?" Chandler tried calming him, but didn't listen, and kept trying to squirm out of his grip. Chandler closed his eyes, and enclosed a soft fist around his friend. He had no intention of hurting him, he just wanted to keep him secured in case he slipped off of his hand.

Ashton's struggles stopped as soon as the giant appendage gently circled around his body, pinning his arms at his sides. He hung his head down, small quiet sobs escaping his lips. He waited for the giant to place the final blow. (He hadn't figured out that scary Chandler was only a nightmare yet.)

"Y-You said...You s-said that you-you wouldn't hurt me...wh-why did yo-you?" Ashton asked, his voice shaking.

"Um, Ash...I think y-you might've been having a nightmare. I'd never, never, hurt you."

"W-What?" He asked, looking up at the giant, sniffling.

"You were dreaming, I think."

It seemed as if all of the fear drained out of Ashton in a split second. It was all just a dream. A horrible, cruel dream probably created by the corner of his mind with the irrational fear that he couldn't trust anyone like this.

"Oh, god!" Ashton suddenly facepalmed, "I feel like such an idiot..."

"No! No, you aren't! You were just scared, that's all. We all get scared sometimes sometimes. What was it? Am I so good looking it struck fear into your heart?" Chandler asked with a smirk.

"Please...if anything it was the opposite!" Ashton laughed at Chandler's face after he said that.

"Wow, okay...no food for you this morning, tiny." He said.

"WHAT?!"

"Aw relax, I'm only joking. I'll bring you something back up when I'm done." Chandler gave the shrunken boy a ruffle of the hair, and stood up to leave.

"W-Wait! Why can't I come down?" Ashton asked.

"You can, but then my family might see you. And I don't think you want to be a 12 year old girl's pet, or get sold out to a science lab by my dad?" Ashton's eyes widened as he rendered the obvious two additional members of this household.

"Yeah, on second thought, I'll stay up here..."

"Good choice, heh..." Chandler chuckled awkwardly. He wouldn't forgive himself if Ashton got hurt or was taken away. He'd be defenseless against anything, unable to fight off people that, if they knew about him, might want him for...certain reasons,

"Just stay out of sight until I come back, alright? My dad or Kinsley might come up here. They might not come in here, but you shouldn't take the chance." Chandler added. His tiny friend nodded, and plopped down on the bed.

Chandler gave one last smile before shutting the door. He sighed to himself. There had to be some way to re-grow Ashton back to normal, he just didn't know who to talk to about it.

~~~~~

Ashton looked around the brightly lit room. What would his life be like if he couldn't get back to normal? What if somebody did this to them on purpose, and knew where he was, and was coming to capture him?! He quickly shook those thoughts away. He'd be fine, Chandler would protect him at all costs.

Even so, Ashton still understood that it was all up to fate. He just hoped fate chose wisely.

     Eli you will be in the next chapter I promise 100% Peace out my dudes!✌🏻🍪