Meeting Glenn (1x02)

Lila P.O.V
Rick crawled over to the radio & picked up the receiver. My ears were still buzzing a bit & I was scared. The guy on the radio wasn't helping by reminding us how screwed we were.

"Really?! Thats it! Just "make a run for it" through a damn horde." I screamed at our "rescuer"

"The kid has a point. We'll get eaten alive." Rick replied

"Look, my idea isn't as dumb as it sounds. You've got eyes on the outside here." He assured us, " There's one geek still up on the tank but the others have climbed down & joined the...feeding frenzy where the horse went down. With me so far?"

"So far." Rick dryly answered

"Okay, the street on the other side of the tank is less crowded. If you move now while they're distracted, you stand a chance. Got ammo?" He asked which made me start looking

"In that duffel bag I dropped out there & guns. Can I get to it?" Rick asked as I nervously grabbed a grenade

"Forget the bag, okay? Its not an option. What do you have on you?" He said as I passed rick the grenade

"I've got a beretta with on clip: 15 rounds." Rick informed him

"Make 'em count. Jump out the right side of the tank & keep running in that direction. There's an alley up the street, maybe 50 yd. be there." He ordered us

"Hey, what's your name?" Rick asked

"Have you been listening. You're running out of time." He reminded us

"Stay right with next to me. I promise that you'll be safe." Rick comforted me as we prepared to step out

I grabbed a shovel to hit walkers with. They didn't seem extremely interested in me. It was odd but I didn't spit on my good luck. Rick held me close to his side as we ran down the street. A korean kid met us at the gate & led us up a ladder of a building.

From the ledge, we walked some walkers follow us. I laughed a bit at the clint eastwood jokes. Rick helped introduce us to our saviour: Glenn. The happy time was ruined when one of the walkers tried to climb up. We quickly climbed up to the roof & made some small talk before climbing into a store. Glenn kindly reminded us of how stupid we were. I was pretty sure that our nicknames were dumbass #1 & dumbass #2 by how frequently he called us that.

We began nearing a loading bay when Glenn called his friends. We were almost home free when two walkers blocked the door. They started coming at us until getting clobbered by two guys in baseball gear.

"Son of a bitch! We ought to kill you." A blonde lady threatened Rick.

She had the gun pointed to his face but the safety was on. I panicked & tackled her to the ground. The gun was knocked out of her hand as I easily pinned her down. Everyone started shouting which was incoherent to me. Rick tapped my shoulder & helped me off Andrea. He stayed in front while her group calmed her down. She kept glaring at me as she rubbed her head.

"We're all dead because of you two." Andrea mumbled

"I don't understand?" Rick asked

"Look, we came into the city to scavenge supplies." A hispanic guy explained as he & a black lady pushed us to the front doors. "You know what the key to scavenging is: surviving. The key to surviving is sneaking in & out, tiptoeing. Not shooting around like its the OK Corral." The latino man chastised us as a massive wall of walkers banged on the front doors.

We had inadvertently signaled lunch which made us feel terrible. Tensions rose when a walker began using a rock to bust the first set of doors. Out of fear, we shuffled further into the store & were asked about why we came in. Rick did the talking as he explained the helicopter & everything. The black guy began trying the radio to signal the others. WIth a weak signal, we had to try the roof where Dixon was firing rounds. All of us began rushing up the stairs to try to stop him from making more noise.