3. Mistakes

Annabeth

Five years later. (yes it takes Percy 5 years to train.)

I sat at the beach, at the exact same spot where Percy and I were sitting five years ago. My heart twisted painfully at the memory. 

It was my fault Percy was driven out of camp. Because I believed that Percy was a spy for the titans and a traitor to Camp-Half-Blood. Because I believed Adam over my own boyfriend. 

When Percy was driven out of camp, we all started to celebrate with Adam when Hestia, Goddess of the Hearth, appeared and told us all that we were wrong to believe that Percy was a traitor. She told us that Adam had indeed planted the so called "evidence" under Percy's bed. I was so distraught and horrified at what I had done. 

It was my fault that Percy was gone. 

After we heard Hestia's words, we all ganged up on Adam. We nearly beat him to death but Poseidon intervened and stopped us from killing his son. Said that there was no way Adam would do this. He managed to convince most of the Gods, so Adam was able to stay at Camp-Half-Blood. 

It doesn't really matter. Almost all of the demigods hated his guts. 

We all felt the guilt weighing on our shoulders. We are all ashamed of our actions towards Percy Jackson, the one person that would actually never betray us. 

I sighed as the wind blew my hair into my face. I literally am the worst girlfriend ever. I hate myself so much. 

My thoughts wandered to Percy's brilliant smile, his playful sea green eyes....... I was brought back to reality by a tap on my shoulder. I shook my head and glanced up to see Jason and Piper standing over me with concerned looks on their faces. 

"Hey Annabeth, how are you feeling?" Jason asked as he and Piper took a seat beside me on the sand. I let out a frustrated growl and ran my hands through my tangled blond hair. "I'm going to be honest: I'm feeling completely shit. I mean, I drove my own boyfriend out of camp, and I believed a new kid's lies over Percy. I am such a bad person it's not funny." 

Piper put a hand on my shoulder. "It's okay. We all made the same mistake. We're all ashamed of our actions, it's not just you." 

I looked out and the waves rushing up onto the beach before voicing something that had bothered me for the five years Percy had been gone. "Remember Percy's last words before he vapour-travelled away?" 

Jason bit his lip, his blue eyes narrowing. "Yeah. In fact, I'll remember it like he said it yesterday. "I'll be back. And this time, there will be no Hero of Olympus to fight for you."" 

Piper lifted her hand off of my shoulder, a worried look in her eyes. "What do you think that means?" I stood up, dusting sand off of my pants before I answered. "It means that Percy will most likely be coming back for revenge. He wants to kill us because of what we did to him." 

"But won't his fatal flaw prevent that?" Jason asked, standing up as well. He offered a hand to Piper and he helped her to her feet. I shook my head, my gaze still fixed on the frothy waves. "Probably not. Why? Because we destroyed his fatal flaw five years ago. He probably has no loyalty to us at all because of what we did. Because of our stupid actions." 

"But then if he wages war against us, the Gods will kill him." Piper whispered. "There's no way one demigod alone could stand against the Gods, no matter how powerful Percy is." 

I laughed bitterly. "You don't know Percy as well as I do. He'll find a way to get what he wants. And he won't stop until he has what he wants." 

Jason opened his mouth to say something else when I suddenly felt pressure clamp around me. I tried to scream but nothing came out as my body was whisked to an unknown destination. When my body solidified, I stumbled forwards and nearly fell, but I caught my balance at the last second. I looked up and gasped at what I saw.