30. Punishment

Percy

I stood in front of the chained Gods and demigods while waiting for my girlfriend to return with my army. I clasped my hands behind my back and smiled down at my furious prisoners. "I can't wait to assign you your new jobs."

"I can't believe I loved a monster." Annabeth whispered, her voice hoarse. Her eyes were red and puffy, and tear tracks stained her cheeks. I narrowed my eyes and walked forwards, kneeling down beside the daughter of Athena. "Well, maybe this "monster" wouldn't be a monster if it weren't for you."

"Leave her alone!" Frank shouted, and I knew he was trying to shift shape his way out of the celestial bronze chains. "Frank, you should know better. You can't escape." I purred as I straightened, feeling some bones in my back crack. Reyna grimaced at the sound.

Footsteps approached and the doors to the throne room opened and Zoe came in, followed by about fifty demigods and demi-titans, all of them covered in armour. Zoe walked over to me, her dark eyes full of love as she approached. My army fanned out, all of them lining the walls of the throne room. Jason stared at my army, and I could tell he was mildly impressed at how organized they were.

Two armoured people strode over to me, taking their helmets off along the way. Ethan Nakumara and Octavian stopped a few away from me as Zoe snuggled into my side, resting her chin on my shoulder. "We killed all the demigods that tried to stop us, Commander." Ethan said with a knowing glint in his eyes.

I scowled but nodded, wiping any emotion off of my face. "That's excellent news. You all are just in time." Octavian rolled his eyes and turned to look at the chained Gods and demigods. "Just in time to see you make them slaves, right?"

I clasped my hands together as Zoe straightened, her dark eyes landing on Annabeth with a hateful glare. The daughter of Athena glared right back at my girlfriend. "Please give her a punishment worse than death, my love." Zoe whispered into my ear.

"Anything for you, beautiful." I said, smiling. I walked back over to my throne and stood in front of the Gods, first. My smile changed into a sneer as I took in their terrified expressions. "Ares, you're going to be in charge of attending to my army's every need. You as well, Hestia."

Ares' face morphed into a furious expression while Hestia merely stared at me, flames sparking around her body. "There's no way in Hades that I will be a mere servant to your stupid army of demigods and demi-titans!" Ares bellowed. "I am an Olympian! I am no slave!"

I snorted and said "Well, like I'm sure I said before, you have no say in that matter. I am not going to kill you. Why not let you live our purpose as a servant?" Ares opened his mouth but I snapped my fingers and two girls from my army, Alina and Ivy, stepped forwards and grabbed Ares. The God of War yelled curses and struggled as he was dragged away.

Two others stepped forwards, two boys named Ryan and Bob, and they grabbed the chains binding Hestia and pulled her out of the throne room. The Goddess kept her eyes locked on me until she was pulled out of my sight.

Now I was left with two Gods that I loathe with all of my heart and four annoying ass demigods.

I smiled down at Poseidon and Zeus, both of them pale and sweaty after they'd seen what punishment I handed out to Ares and Hestia. "I saved these jobs for you, since I obviously love both of you." Sarcasm practically dripped from my mouth as I spoke.

"You can't do this! I am still an Olympian!" Zeus roared. I clucked my tongue and pointed at my throne, which was standing where Zeus's throne previously was. "I don't think so, Thunder Beard. I am King now, and you are in no position to argue with me. Well, unless you wish to hold Atlas's place under the sky. It's very easy. I kill him, and shove your ass under there. Actually, that sounds like a great idea."

Zeus inhaled sharply before he cried "No, no, please, I beg of you Perseus! I can't-" "Your fate has been sealed, Uncle." I said in a deadly calm voice. "Octavian, if you please." The Roman augur grinned and grabbed Zeus, dragging him out of the room while Zeus screamed and pleaded with me.

I turned to Poseidon, the one God that was left in the throne room. He looked up at me, his eyes pleading. "Percy, I am still your father. You wouldn't do this to your own father, will you?" "You've seen what I had done to Zeus." I retorted. "You are no father to me. You just crave for power, like every other dam Olympian. Now shut up and get what you deserve."

Poseidon opened his mouth, but I snapped my fingers once more. When he moved his lips, no sound came out. The God's eyes widened in shock and horror and I laughed cruelly. "I did tell you to shut up, did I not? You didn't heed my warning. It's an added bonus that I can't stand hearing your useless lies and pleas for my forgiveness."

Poseidon settled on glaring at me. I scoffed mentally. Like that's going to change whatever I had in store for him.

"I saved the best for last." I said, narrowing my eyes at the Sea God. "You will be a private servant to Zoe and I. You will obey our every command, and heed our every need. If you disobey, well....Let's just say you'll wish for death when I get to you."

Any colour that Poseidon had left drained from his face. He stared at me, begging with his eyes, but I ignored it. I waved my hand and Poseidon was able to talk once more.

"You can't do this to me. I am still a God! I will not serve puny demigods!" "It annoys me how much you sound like Ares and Zeus." I growled. "You don't have any other option. I will not kill you, like I have not done to Zeus, Ares, and Hestia. If I wanted to kill you, you would be dead like all the other Olympians."

"Then why have you not killed me? I know you hate me, and that's an understatement." Poseidon argued. I sighed and leaned forwards, a sly grin spreading across my face. "I haven't killed you because I want you to suffer. Suffer forever. Serve me forever. If you forget, I'm immortal."

Poseidon swallowed and I clapped my hands together, leaning back. "Okay, great! Ethan, please escort Poseidon to my chambers. Well, I'm taking over Zeus's chambers, so yeah, escort him there and guard him. I'll be back shortly. I need to continue taking care of these demigods." I nodded towards Annabeth, Jason, Reyna, and Frank.

"Of course, almighty Commander. Or shall I say, your highness?" Ethan said with a grin. I rolled my eyes and pointed at Poseidon. "Hurry up and get him out of my sight."

Ethan gave me a mock salute before hurrying forwards and grabbing Poseidon, hauling the God out of the throne room. Once they were both out of my sight, I turned to the terrified and silent demigods.

"Let's see what punishments you'll receive."

Word count: 1254

So I squeezed in an update today because I'm going on a three day trip to Ottawa tomorrow for my graduation trip. Next chapter will probably be the last of this book.

Thank you for your support.