29. Changes

Zoe

I watched as Percy turned away from Annabeth's teary face and stalked over to the chained Gods. Zeus, Poseidon, Ares, and Hestia looked up at him, all of them seething with rage except for Hestia. The Goddess of the Hearth simply looked at Percy with an unreadable expression. 

Percy walked past the Gods before stepping up to look at Zeus's throne. Then he turned and sneered at the King of the Gods. "I think your time of being King is over, Lord Zeus." 

Zeus's eyes widened as Percy held out his hand and his scythe appeared. He twirled it before striking out, the scythe cutting through Zeus's throne like paper. The throne crumbled to the ground, and Zeus cried out as most of his godly power left him from the destruction of his throne. 

Percy's dark gaze swept across the throne room, where many of the Olympian's thrones had crumbled to dust after he had killed the owners. Percy walked over to Ares's throne, and laughed. "I'm going to enjoy destroying this throne, Ares." 

"DON'T YOU DARE, YOU LITTLE-" Ares was interrupted as Percy cleaved the God's throne in half with one mighty strike. The marble collapsed, and Ares grimaced as his aura dimmed considerably. Percy turned and glanced at the weakened Gods, a wicked smile on his face. "How does it feel? To have your power taken away from you?" 

"Once I get free of these chains, you're dead, sea spawn!" Zeus thundered, struggling fiercely against his restraints. Percy clucked his tongue as he lifted his head and stared straight at the only throne left standing: Poseidon's. "I don't think you're going to get out of those anytime soon, Uncle." 

Poseidon paled as he saw Percy stalk towards his throne, his wings unfurling and expanding as he did so. I smiled at how badass my boyfriend looked. I heard a whimper and I turned to see Annabeth holding back sobs as tears poured from her eyes. The other roman demigods were still trying to free themselves from the chains that bound them. 

I rolled my eyes and said sharply "Stop resisting. You all are going to serve Percy. At least you still have your lives." "I told you, I'd rather die than to serve Percy!" Jason growled, anger flashing across his eyes. 

"That can be arranged, but I'm sure my boyfriend won't let you off the hook that easily. Not after what you'd done to him." I turned my attention back to Percy and saw him a few feet away from his father's throne. His expression was unreadable as he gazed at the throne. 

"Percy, I beg you, do not destroy my throne!" Poseidon cried. "If you do it, then what use would I be as a slave to you? I would have little power to serve you!" Percy tensed, before he whirled to face his ex-father, his eyes blazing with uncontrollable rage. Poseidon flinched and Zeus and Ares shrunk back in their chains. Hestia simply kept her flaming eyes trained on Percy, a sad smile on her face. 

"I'm not stupid." Percy hissed, brandishing his scythe and pointing it at Poseidon. "You just want power. You Gods are all the same. You are all arrogant and prideful. You crave power, and would do almost anything to keep it." 

Poseidon opened his mouth, but Percy growled angrily and raised his scythe. His eyes darkened and he brought his scythe down, destroying Poseidon's throne with one clean strike. Poseidon groaned as his aura dimmed to match Zeus and Ares'. Percy lowered his scythe and strode over to the place where Zeus's throne used to be. 

He turned and grinned at me, love and lust in his eyes. "Watch me, beautiful, as I claim my place as King!" Percy raised his arms, and the cracked marble floor shook. The floor where Zeus's throne lay crumbled and vanished. I watched with wide eyes as a new throne emerged from the empty space. 

This throne was made out of polished black marble, with skulls as the armrests for the throne. Power practically radiated from the new throne, and Percy smiled as he brought his hands together. He walked towards it and turned, sitting down gracefully on the throne without a care in the world. "Ah, so this is how it feels to gain power." Percy said, leaning back with a smirk playing around on his lips. His eyes flashed blood-red as he gazed down at the horrified Gods and demigods. 

"I think it's time for me to assign your new jobs." Percy looked at me and he nodded towards the demigods next to me. "Them first, my love." 

"Of course, my King." I said, grinning. I stepped towards the demigods and grabbed their chains, dragging them towards Percy. I hauled them forwards and released my hold on them, stepping back to stand beside my boyfriend. 

Percy leaned forwards, studying each of the four demigods. Then he clasped his hands together and said "Okay, I've got it. This is going to be fun." "For you, of course it would be fun, you sick twisted bastard!" Jason spat. 

Percy sighed heavily and said "I changed my mind. This is going to be bothersome. You first, then, son of Jupiter. You see awfully eager to get started on your new job." "Why don't you just kill me?" Jason growled. "I'm of no use to you, and I certainly do not want to serve someone as twisted and vile as you!" 

Percy ran a hand through his messy hair before standing up and taking a step towards Jason. Jason's eyes widened as Percy reached out and dug the point of his scythe against his throat. Reyna screamed and thrashed desperately against the chains binding her. "No, no, please, I beg you! Spare him, he means no disrespect!" 

Jason opened his mouth, but Frank glared at him, warning him to shut the fuck up. Jason snapped his mouth shut firmly and raised his eyes to meet Percy's. "Oh, of course he means disrespect." Percy said quietly, applying more pressure on the scythe. Jason swallowed as the weapon pierced his skin. 

"But my dear old friend, killing you would take the fun out of things. Since you wish for death, I will not give it to you." Percy lifted the scythe away from Jason's throat and stepped back, his eyes cold and hard. "But you will serve me. You certainly do not have any other option." 

Jason exhaled and his shoulders slumped in obvious defeat. His eyes wouldn't meet Percy's. A triumphant grin appeared on Percy's face and he willed his scythe to disappear. Percy reached out and grabbed me, wrapping an arm around my waist. I leaned against him and Percy murmured "I want you to call my army up here, my love. I'm sure they're done finishing off the rest of the demigods." 

"Of course." I smiled and kissed him on the cheek before slipping out from his grip and making my way to the throne room doors. Once I reached the doors, I glanced back to see Percy looking at Annabeth with a sadistic smile that sent shivers down my spine. 

I quickly opened the doors and slipped out, running down Olympus's deserted streets. All of the minor Gods had fled, so it was a clear path for me to get to the elevator doors. I pressed my hand against the button and the doors slid open immediately. 

I stepped inside, the elevator doors closing shut. I punched in the button for the ground floor and the elevator groaned as it started to descend. Sudden happiness rose up inside of me and I laughed, a wide grin stretching across my face. Percy had done it. He had defeated all of the Olympians and had claimed his place as King. 

And best of all, I get to see Annabeth suffer. 

Word count: 1315

So here's an embarrassing story: I went to take a shower and I slipped and fell and banged my back really hard against the walls of the shower. I also swore really loudly and I'm surprised my parents didn't come barging upstairs to see what the fuck was going on with me. 

Now i have a giant ass bruise on my back. greattttttt.