34. End

Zoe

I gripped Percy's hand as we waited for Annabeth's screams to subside. When they finally did, Percy and I turned to face her. The daughter of Athena looked nearly unrecognizable. Her face was scarred and bloody, and fresh tears were mixed in along with it. Percy reached forwards and pulled one stick out of her right eye. I grimaced at what I saw. 

Annabeth's eye was completely gone. What remained was a gaping hole of charred flesh. Percy tossed it aside and pulled the other stick out her left eye. It looked as bad as her right eye. 

Annabeth was still, her body limp and unmoving. Percy muttered something as he pressed his fingers against her neck. "She's still alive, but barely. I guess it'll come down to this, then. The human body can only take so much, even a half-human, half-god." "What are you talking about?" I asked as I released my grip on my lover's hand. 

"I'm going to make her immortal." Percy answered, and my eyes widened in shock. "What? Like as in...a God?" Percy smiled and shook his head with a soft chuckle. "Not immortal as in a God, Zoe. I'm going to give Annabeth the same immortality Artemis used to give her hunters. Well....something along the lines of that. I'm going to make it so that Annabeth has full ichor in her veins, but she isn't going to be a God. Not a God with full domains, any symbols of power, or any powers. So that I can torture her for entirety, and she can't die." 

I grinned at my boyfriend. He was smart, much smarter than he had been several years ago. "That's a wonderful idea. You're right, Annabeth is already dying and it's only been our first day with her. What a shame." 

Percy nodded before he stepped up to Annabeth's limp form. He placed his hands on either side of her face and began to chant in an ancient language. I inhaled sharply as I realized what language he was speaking in.

The language of the Primordials. 

Golden light erupted from Percy's hands and flowed into Annabeth's face. Her whole body glowed with the same golden light. Power filled the room as Annabeth's mortal blood was drained away, replaced with ichor. 

Percy stopped chanting before he dropped his hands, staggering back. Sweat coated his body, plastering his hair to his forehead. He looked exhausted, yes, but triumphant. "We have to see if it works, first." 

I nodded as I understood what he was trying to imply. I picked up a rusty dagger just as Percy summoned a bucket of water to throw into Annabeth's face. She sputtered and jolted awake, and then groaned in absolute pain. "My-my body. What did you do to me!?" 

Percy sighed in exasperation. "It's only been our first day of torture, Annabeth dear, and you're already dying. So I decided to change you into an immortal. But no, you're not a God. You have no powers, other than your relation to Athena, but she's dead. I made it so that you can live forever, and suffer forever without dying. Sounds fun!" 

Annabeth's disfigured face morphed into one of horror. "No....no. Pain....so much pain....forever. You already took my sight from me. What kind of sick sadistic monster are you!?" Percy's eyes glinted and he walked forwards, cupping Annabeth's chin in his hands. "I'm not a monster, actually. I'm a King." 

Percy glanced at me and smirked, giving me my signal. I slowly and quietly approached them, trying not to make a sound. Millennia of being a huntress has really quite helped my stealth. 

"You know, I'm not 100% sure this immortality of yours works, so I need to test it out." Percy continued, digging his nails into Annabeth's chin. The demigoddess winced in pain. "What do you mean, test it out?" Annabeth demanded just as I reared my arms back and stabbed the knife right into her shoulder. 

Annabeth screamed in pain, and Percy laughed, releasing his firm grip on her chin. I yanked the dagger out and watched as Annabeth's ichor fell to the ground around her, mixing in with her mortal blood from the previous tortures. 

"Oh, sweet, it works." Percy said neutrally. I examined the ichor-stained dagger before tossing it aside to join the metal sticks on the ground. 

Annabeth heaved, and then threw up on the ground right in front of Percy's shoes. Percy stepped back, disgusted, and I raised my hands to shield my eyes. "Ugh, you have got to be kidding me!" Percy shouted angrily. Annabeth raised her head, showing us her ruined face and disfigured eyes. 

I shook my head and grabbed my boyfriend's wrist, dragging him out of the cell. "Just forget about it." Percy paused for a moment before he exhaled and nodded. "Alright, fine. Anything for you, my Queen." 

I smiled gently and Percy and I left Annabeth's cell. Percy stopped for a moment to throw his hands up, creating a wall of darkness in front of the cell. He flicked his wrist and the cell door swung shut as well, the lock sliding into place. "Wow, didn't know she needs that much security." I said wryly. 

Percy shrugged and grabbed my hand, both of our bodies fading into mist. We appeared in the Olympian throne room, where some members of my army were running around, yelling directions to each other. 

Percy walked over to his throne, not before pointing at the ground where Hera's throne used to be. The ground rumbled and split open and a new throne rose from the cracked marble. The throne was entirely silver, and it pulsed with power just like Percy's. 

I stared at my boyfriend in disbelief as he grinned at me, pulling me towards the two thrones. He let go of me and gently pushed me towards my new throne. "You can't rule beside me without a proper throne, my Queen." Percy said, his eyes sparkling with happiness and love. I turned, and threw my arms around him, kissing him passionately on the lips. 

Percy responded to the kiss with as much ferocity as me, wrapping his arms around me as well. His tongue pushed against my lips and I shivered at the feeling that sparked between us. Finally, we pulled apart, and Percy inclined his head towards me. "Well, Zoe. Take your rightful place as Queen." 

I took a deep breath before walking to my new throne and sitting down. The instant I sat down, power coursed through me. I let out a startled gasp and Percy laughed quietly as he sat down on his own throne. "Yeah, so this is how it feels like to a throne. Amazing." 

Percy glanced at me, love shining in his eyes. I smiled and reached out, and he clasped my hand with his own. "I love you with all my heart, Zoe. Don't ever forget that." I bent my head down and kissed his hand, before looking up to gaze right into my lover's eyes. "I know. I'll never forget that."

Percy's expression morphed into happiness and he simply tightened his grip on my hand. Neither of us said a word. We didn't have to, though. We both knew our love for the other was as strong as ever. 

What we didn't see is a hooded figure watching us from behind a cracked marble pillar. The figure's onyx eyes bore right into Percy's skull before the figure turned and disappeared into thin air. 

Word count: 1252

And......this is the end of Revenge. I must say, never thought so many people would enjoy this book. Sure, I got some hate comments and shit, but I couldn't care less about that. I want to thank everyone who stood by me, read my chapters, voted, and commented. Thank you all, I love you guys >3

Exciting news: I'm doing a sequel 100%. :) Stay tuned for that, it'll probably start up in the next week or two.  

Once again, thank you all for your support.