24. Information

Annabeth

"He's coming." I said to no one in particular as I turned away from the spot the Iris-Message had been. My heart was racing as I ran out of the training room and into the giant room where many of the demigods were seated at the table, eating dinner. I spotted Jason, Reyna, and Frank, and I dashed over to them.

Frank was the first one to notice me and his eyes widened he saw me barreling towards them. "Um......" Jason and Reyna also glanced up and they stared at me as I skidded to a stop in front of them, breathing heavily.

"Annabeth? What's the matter?" Jason asked, putting down his fork and knife. "Percy....He Iris-Messaged me and told me he was going to launch his attack on Olympus tomorrow." I gasped as I pushed my hair out of my face. Jason, Reyna, and Frank's faces all paled when I told them the alarming news.

"We have to tell the Olympians." Reyna said, pushing her chair back and standing up. Determination flashed in her eyes. "We have to tell them so that we could at least be prepared for when Percy attacks."

"Alright. Let's go." I said, turning to leave when Frank's voice interjected "I don't think all four of us is needed to tell the Olympians. Annabeth, you can just take Jason. Reyna and I will stay here."

I glanced at Reyna, but she shrugged and sat back down as Jason stood up. "Fine." I said, turning to leave once more. Jason and I walked into the Olympian throne room and saw that Poseidon and Hestia were the only two Gods in the throne room. Hestia, in her eight year old form, sat near the hearth, prodding the flames with a blackened stick. Poseidon reclined on his throne, his eyes narrowed as he saw Jason and I approach.

"You should do the talking. Poseidon hates me right now after what I had done to Percy." I whispered to Jason. My heart ached as I spoke Percy's name. Jason nodded before he said calmly and clearly "Lord Poseidon, we come with urgent news."

The Lord of the Seas looked down at Jason, completely ignoring me. "What is it, boy?" Jason swallowed before he steeled his nerves and announced "Annabeth had just received an Iris-Message from Percy. He told her that he was going to attack Olympus tomorrow, my Lord."

Pain flashed in Poseidon's eyes as he heard about his son. He opened his mouth to respond when a voice said "Perseus Jackson. He was such a kind-hearted boy, always putting others before him and willing to sacrifice his life to save the people he loved." My eyes darted to the hearth, where Hestia had risen from her position on the marble floor.

Her eyes burned with pools of fire and her form flickered before turning into a twenty year old woman. "Don't remind me." Poseidon moaned as he slumped in his throne, putting his head in his hands. "Oh, my son....."

"You've had five years to grieve, Poseidon." Hestia said in a steely voice that I had rarely ever heard her use. The Goddess of the Hearth was known to be warm and peaceful. Hestia rarely got mad, and when she did, things don't turn out so well.

"It's time to move on. Perseus is now our enemy, whether you like it or not. The only way to save Olympus is to fight against your son and kill him. If we don't do it, Olympus will fall." Hestia continued, the flames in the hearth growing brighter and brighter as she spoke.

Poseidon closed his eyes and a tear trailed down his cheek. "I love him. I still love him, Hestia, even after everything he had done."

Hestia's gaze turned to me, and I shrank under the Goddess's stare. "So does someone else, Poseidon." Poseidon opened his eyes, and he scowled at me. "She is the reason Percy is who he is now!"

I flinched, feeling tears build up within me. Poseidon's words had struck home. I was the reason Percy had turned against us. I was the reason so many innocent demigods had died.