26. Olympus

Percy

I watched in controlled anger as Annabeth, Jason, Frank, and Reyna were whisked away safely to Olympus. I growled out a curse before turning to face my beloved girlfriend. Zoe was seething in rage at what Frank had called her, her dark eyes glowering fiercely at the spot where the four demigods had vanished. 

I tapped my bracelet and my scythe disappeared, but Riptide remained in my hand. I moved over to Zoe and pulled her into a brief hug. "It's alright, my love. You'll get your revenge soon enough." 

Zoe smiled as she looked at me. "I know. So what do we do now?" I looked over and saw that my army was slowly but surely turning the tides in our favour. Many of the demigods on Olympus' side were falling at the hands of my army. 

I turned my sharp gaze on the members of my army who had assisted me in attacking Jason, Frank, Annabeth, and Reyna. "Go and help them. Clean up the mess, will you?" Octavian cleaned his bloody sword with his shirt, grinning darkly. "Our pleasure, Commander." 

I nodded before grabbing Zoe's hand and shadow-traveling to the lobby of the Empire State Building. The mortal security guard at the front desk was not there, so I rummaged around in the drawers at his desk before finding the key to the elevator that would lead Zoe and I to the 600th floor. 

I approached the elevator doors and they opened, letting Zoe and I inside. I inserted the key into a hole and punched in the button with the number 600. The elevator doors closed and the car started to move up. 

Zoe leaned against the wall, crossing her arms and scowling. Her silver armour shimmered in the dim light from the elevator. "That son of a bitch. Once I get my hands on that son of Mars-"

"Zoe, I get it. You're pissed. Once we defeat the Olympians, you can have your revenge with Frank." I said tiredly, running a hand through my messy raven black hair. "We'll be in the fight of our lives." 

"No, you will. You know I don't have the power to take on the Olympians with you. I'll take the demigods." Zoe interrupted. I raised an eyebrow, before chuckling and nodding. "Alright, whatever you wish. Don't die on me, though, or I'll go back to the Underworld to revive you myself." 

Zoe smiled and kissed me on the cheek before leaning back against the elevator car. "Of course, Jackson. But you better not die on me, too. You'll have Hades to pay if I do somehow manage to revive you." 

I rolled my eyes playfully and spread my arms wide. "You can count on me." Zoe huffed and muttered something under her breath just as the elevator skidded to a halt. Zoe and I faced the doors, my hand twisting my bracelet, the scythe shimmering into existence. The doors slid open and I saw about a dozen more demigods in armour guarding the path to Olympus. 

Their eyes widened when they saw Zoe and I, and I sighed in irritation. "You have got to be kidding me." One of them notched an arrow, but I flared my wings, vaulting into the sky just as the demigod released the arrow. 

I spiralled into the sky before my own bow materialized into my hands. I aimed and fired at the demigod that tried to impale me. The arrow pierced the demigod's neck and the demigod slumped to the ground, the bow falling out of their hands. 

Zoe was a streak of silver as she slashed and hacked at the demigods converging around her. I saw that she was going to get overwhelmed soon so I put my bow away and arrowed to the ground, landing behind the horde of demigods that were attacking my girlfriend.

My scythe and Riptide appeared and I lunged forwards, slashing the knees of the demigods, spinning and impaling several in the chest. I broke through to where Zoe was, and turned with both of my weapons out, ready to defend her. Then I realized that all the demigods were lying on the ground, some of them groaning in pain while others lay completely lifeless, blood pouring from their wounds.