9. Kouji- Genius

(Requested)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I groaned as I got sent another email.

"What do you want this time?" I whined, "No, I don't fucking want your shoes! Get out of my system!" I hissed as I deleted the email.

"Boss, can you please get these ads out of my system? They're driving me insane!" I complained, to no one in particular. I groaned as I got another email.

"Now wha-" I stopped as I looked at the screen.

"Boss? What does he want?" I muttered, clicking on the email.

"Meet up? With... Kouji? The fuck? Who is that?" I flopped back into the chair and sighed.

"Great, another pointless social interaction."

(Timeskip)

I sighed as I slipped on my hoodie and skinny jeans, along with some high-tops and my headphones. I walked out of my apartment and grabbed some food on the way to the building.

"Boss, it's me," I said, holding up my card. The door slid open.

"(Y/N), come in, I believe I have someone you will want to meet." I followed him to the main area, where a boy my age was sitting cross-legged. He had purple hair, and sharp brown eyes.

"Kouji, this is (Y/N). (Y/N), this is Kouji." I eyed him suspiciously and shook his hand.

"You both are the tech geniuses in my company, and we have a case to solve. A big one that requires both of your expertise." I looked at the boy, and he looked at me.

"What case does the boss want us to solve that requires both of us?" we both thought.

(Timeskip)

I sat, crouched in front of the computer, typing.

"I can't seem to get the algorithm..." Kouji muttered, placing a hand on his chin, eyes narrowing. I sighed and wheeled my chair over to him.

"You need to reverse the numbers and code them from there," I instructed, typing instructions into the keyboard, "Then you have to shut down the firewall, and place the numbers you just coded in. Bam! We're in!"

"Wait, did you develop the method?"

"Yeah, I just took a simple programming method and rebooted it to fit these types of situations. The Boss hooks me up with these a lot," I said, giggling lightly. He smiled at me and turned back to the screen. I started to type in more numerals, when the computer beeped.

"Kouji, Kouji!" I screamed, pointing at the computer, "It's an overdrive!" He gasped and turned to the computer, slamming his hands on the keyboard.

"You typed in the wrong keys, idiot!" he yelled, finally overpowering the security. I flinched at his gaze.

"S-Sorry... I was never good with these things..." I admitted sheepishly. He softened his glare.

"Well, I guess that's why the boss told us to work together," he chuckled, smiling at me. I smield back, blushing a bit.

"Yeah, I guess so."

(Timeskip)

I laughed as I sipped some boba with Kouji at a local cafe. It's been several months since we were assigned the mission. The boss let us hang out in the city together, but to always be on alert.

"Look, genius, I don't know everything, okay?" I laughed, chewing on the tapioca pearls. He rolled his eyes.

"But I do," he said mockingly, a wicked grin on his face. I stuck my tongue out and pouted. He chuckled and suddenly stopped, staring at my face.

"Kouji?" I asked, "What's wrong?" He leaned in and I gasped. His finger touched the corner of my mouth, swiping off a droplet of the drink.

"You had something on your mouth." I blushed and turned away.

"You could have just told me..." I muttered, wiping my face with a napkin. Kouji shrugged and leaned back into his chair.

"You wouldn't get it the first time." I sighed and continued to drink my boba. Kouji was occasionally looking at me, sometimes staring at me for five whole seconds.

"So... Do you want to go anywhere else?" I asked, eyeing Kouji.

"Not in particular, no."

"Well, we can go to the shopping at the mall," I decided, getting up. He got up, along with me.

"Kouji, wha-" I started, but was cut off by Kouji's hand slipping into mine.

"K-Kouji?" I stuttered, looking at the purple-haired boy. I looked at me, his face completely normal.

"So, are we going?" he said calmly. I hesitated for a second.

"L-Let's go to that store," I said, pointing to a random business. He nodded and walked with me, hand still holding mine.

"What is this kid doing?"

(Timeskip)

"Kouji, I'm so tired..." I groaned, flopping on the apartment couch. He scoffed.

"It was your idea to go shopping in the first place, dummy," he said, also retiring on the fluffy cushions. I sighed and switched a position, to where my head was laying on his shoulder. I smirked, deciding to tease him a bit. This was payback for the stunt he pulled earlier.

"(Y/N)..." he deadpanned, turning to look at me. It didn't work?

"Are you trying to get revenge?" he said, smirking. I blushed. How the fuck did he find out so quickly?

"I bet you are." I sat up and giggled nervously.

"I'm so tired!" I exclaimed quickly, "I-I better head to my room!" I yelped as he pulled me down, body looming above mine, sprawled out on the couch.

"I'm not letting you get away this quickly." I was about to protest when I felt a pair of lips on mine. It took me a few seconds to register what was going on.

Kouji was kissing me.

I slowly started to close my eyes as I melted into the kiss. I cupped his cheeks as we continued to kiss on the couch.

I broke away, looking into his soft, chocolate brown eyes.

"Kouji..." I whispered, cheeks dusted with light shades of pink.

"Hmmm?"

"You're a genius."