23. Eli- Fighting Alone

(Requested)

__

"I just need you to tell me that everything's going to be alright! Jackson, please, I need you!" I yelled, running after him. "Tell me everything's going to be alright, Jackson! Don't do this, I beg of you-" The male turned around and gave me his signature smile, making a peace sign and sticking his tongue out, walking on the railing.

"I love you, (Y/N). Don't forget me." I watched as his body slipped down from the rooftop, feet up in the air. His face remained the same. Beautiful, yet pain-ridden, eyes closed, almost as if he was sleeping. The world ran in slow motion as I desperately ran towards the falling boy, trying to grasp the fabric of his sleeves, but missed narrowly, latching onto nothing. Tears started to stream down my rose-colored cheeks as I heard the sickening crack of bones being shattered to pieces.

__

The world is a complex
We wus lookin' for love
I was just one of those people
I did not believe what love was
I wanted to love like a habit
But I found myself
The whole new myself
I'm confused. What's really going on?
I will meet you and I will not be a book
Or did you take over my bookshelf?
Damn
Anyway, I want you the best man way
Probably because you were the world itself
If you die, you must die with me God I swore to myself
So many complex
But I'm lookin' for love
I love fake country
You are the beginning and the ending itself
You must finish me

All my wonder
Answer to
I call you her, her
Cuz you're my tear, tear

All my wonder
Answer to
I call you her, her
Cuz you're my tear, tear

Maybe I'm your truth and I'm lying
Maybe your love and hate
Maybe I'm your enemy
Your heaven and hell, sometimes
Proud and humiliated
I will never take off my mask
I'm not the one you know in this mask
Make up to wake up today
And dress up to mask on
To be the one you love
To become the one you love
I liked his XX too
Just for you
Excessive make-up
Your laughter and happiness is the
Measure of my happiness
Oh my darling I am deserved of your love
Always try to be your best
I did not know that

All my wonder
Answer to
I call you her, her
Cuz you're my tear, tear

All my wonder
Answer to
I call you her, her
Cuz you're my tear, tear

As always, mask on
Cheer me
Your only star. Shine without a thing
In the most brilliant time I have to mask off
Lost star drop my luggage and enjoy the darkness
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
Just as you go
As soon as I get it, do not get me
Tick ​​tock the dark is over
To be your best again
Grab myself
Love makes people crazy
Yeah
I will assign it to the best expression
Give me the answers I gave you for all of you
You love it
I am trying for it
A night that finds new meaning in your presence and shines
I got it. When the darkness is over
You are the morning to me
You woke me up

All my wonder
Answer to
I call you her, her
Cuz you're my tear, tear

All my wonder
Answer to
I call you her, her
Cuz you're my tear, tear

(Her - BTS)

__

I made my way to school, just as dismal as the other days. My eyes were red, sockets swelled up and almost too tender to touch. A breath left my heavy chest and I just tried not to cry again.

"(Y/N), hey what's up?" I turned to the voice and waved, not even bothering to smile.

"Hi Eli." I responded shortly, not wanting to engage in further conversation. He only grinned more as he walked by me.

"Today is beautiful, is it not?" I simply nodded, continuing to trod along the concrete pathway, dust and grime covering the light grey shine of it. Plants grew in the cracks of the broken pieces, blooming into brilliant yellows, reds, and oranges, reaching out to my ankles. I didn't notice that Eli was still talking.

"You're right, it is a beautiful morning." I willed myself to crack a tiny smile, the bags under my eyes becoming more prominent. "So what do you have planned for today?" The purple topped man laughed and set his hand gently on my shoulder.

"You're so random sometimes."

__

Looking down, I plugged in my earbuds and started to bop along to the simple beat. Sketching some design materials and costumes, I started to melt into my own world, surrounded by blacks, whites, and grays all blended together, almost consumed by this murky yellow.

Breathing steadily, someone else had entered the classroom.

"(Y/N)? You're still here, why don't you join the others?" I didn't raise my head to know who it was. I took one white earbud out and responded simply.

"I like it here. It's quiet." Eli sighed, a smile lacing his face by the tone of his voice.

"Don't you like the girls?"

"Do you like the girls?" I retaliated, slightly smirking. He considered the question.

"Fair point." Flipped over my sketchbook, I finally tilted my head up to find him sitting on a desk next to me. I crossed my arms and leaned back, slinging my head perpendicular with the chair.

"If you don't mind me asking, do you like anyone?" I almost choked and started to cough, alerting the taller male.

"Are you okay? Do you need water?" I shook my head and bit my lip, trying to suppress any feelings. Gulping down my saliva, I faced him.

"No." I tried to keep a straight face while saying so.

"Really? What was that reaction?"

"I was caught off guard," I defended, trying to look at only one of his brown eyes.

"But aren't the good looking guys everyone's type?"

"So they think they're the shit? Love isn't finding someone that you just want to care about for looks-" I was cut off by a sob threatening to rupture from the back of my throat. Tears started to brim my eyes. I quickly moved, starting to pack up everything, picked up my bag and rushed to the door.

"Wait! Did I say something wrong?" I wheeled back, furious.

"You think you said something wrong?" I snapped, my expression one of cold fury and inexpiable sadness, fat, hot tears rolling down the sides of my face. Eli looked surprised and guilty, his normally smiling face towards me one of seriousness and pity. He licked his pink lips before answering.

"I didn't mean to intrude on something-" I slammed my bag to the ground and balled up my fists.

"But you didn't say anything wrong! I'm just so mad at myself, and everyone, I can't take it. I've resorted to cowardice and wrongdoings after just one bad thing! I hate myself, I cry myself to sleep every night, I notice the smallest of things, not paying attention to you when you talk-

"And the thing is, I can't forget about what had happened. I just can't- you- fuck! Jackson-" My sentences became broken as I collapsed onto my knees and bawled into my hands.

"Everyone thinks they're the shit, and I hate it! I hate here, everyone is the same, everyone hates me, and-" Eli crouched down to embrace me in his strong arms, purple and blue streaked hair tickling the side of my neck.

"I don't want to be here anymore, Eli," I whispered, clutching the grey fabric of his blazer.

"You can stop fighting alone, (Y/N). You don't have to go anywhere without me. I know he was important to you, but it's important to forget."

"But I can't just forget him, Eli. He's too important-" A gasp was elicited out of my mouth as Eli cupped both of my cheeks and swiped the tears away with his thumb.

"I can help you forget him. Just follow me, okay?" I looked at his crooked grin, and caring brown doe-like eyes.

"I don't want to regret this." He chuckled softly and pressed his tender, pink tinted lips onto my forehead.

"You won't, trust me."