Chapter Two: Creating A Warrior

We'd been walking for a few days and I was scared that we might die of starvation. Mama wasn't much older than me, but she was older and I was scared that she wasn't going to survive this journey, until she began to walk with such passion.

  "Mama slow down!" I hissed into the dark. She was far up ahead but I could hear her feet as they hit the ground. "Mama it's dark!"

  "It's right there. That's where my brother is." Mama stops only for me to catch up to her, so I grab her hand and pull her back so that she's not moving anywhere.

  "Eliza we shouldn't be resting! We're almost there." Mama says, but I shake my head. 

  "Mama, you need to rest." I look pointedly at the grass that's beneath a tree that can cover us from what ever comes by. She sits. Today we have washed our clothes so that I am wearing my red and black warrior suit and mama is in a blue dress that she seems to love.

  "Alright, but only because it's a lovely place." She sighs and looks around her as she sits. I give her a peace of stale bread and water, she grudingly eats it. "This place kinda reminds me of the palaces garden."

  "Tell me about it. And papa." I tell her. When I see how happy she is that I'd said anything about it, I go and sit in front of her and she begins to brush my hair.

"I'd only been there from the time that I was 14 to the time that I was 17. Your father had been 15 when I'd first met him. He used to court me around town as his love, and I loved every minute of it. When I'd first met your father I'd been stroling through town with my father. He was the most beautiful man I'd ever laid eyes on. His hair was just as dark as yours, his eyes were as blue as the ocean surrounding his castle, and he had a smile that took the breath away from every woman that laid eyes on him. He was about 6'4", tan, and large. I'd fallen in love with him right then and there, although I suspect that many women have fallen for him the same as I. He kept looking at me, and I was no beautiful trofy so I laughed it off, hoping he'd stop. But he kept looking at me like I was the most beautiful thing ever made when there were hundreds of women fighting for his attention. I looked away and payed attention to what my father was saying as I walked with him.

   'Excuse me, madam.' I turned to find him looking at me. I bowed because it was considered rude, if you did not.

   'Your highness.' I guess it came out scared and shaky because he smiled at me.

   'I don't bite.' He was still smiling at me, but he turned and adressed my father, 'May I speak with the lady alone?'

   My father nodded his head and stepped back as the royal prince took my hand and walked me down the road.

   'You haven't told me your name.' he told me gently.

   'Sorry your highness. It's Aranza Calliento.' I stuttered. He looked at me and I could see that he was upset about something.

  'Prince Harry at your service, but Aranza will you please just call me Harry? I'm just a regular man trying to win over a girl who might have possibly stolen my heart.' 

   'I don't think that's me. I'm nothing. A commoner.' I was actually a dutches daughter, but for some reason I'd forgotten to tell him that.

   'You are a very beautiful woman, Aranza. You have beauty that no woman could compete with.' I'd blushed and felt so joyful that he thought me so extravagant.

   'You are a very handsome young man, Harry. A woman shall be very happy when she marries you.' I tell him as we stop by a shop.

   'Come to the ball tonight.' I'd gasped in shock, but smiled in pleasure.