Chapter Four: My First Ball

It was beautiful. My dress was a cherry red satin that didn't have a corset like the other girls. It covered above my bussom and was tight in a good way all the way to my hips where it flared out and went to the floor, in a wave. I had been ordered to pull most of my hair up on top of my head, while some of my curls dangled down my neck. The combs that held my hair in place were diamond crusted combs, and all the jewelry I wore matched it.

  "It was a gift. From Harry on our wedding day." Mama said, coming into my chamber in her dress. She looked lovely in her dress. It absolutely completed her in a good way, and made her look younger.

  "It's beautiful." I tell her, my hand flying up to it.

  "Don't touch. It's going to come out if you keep playing with it. Okay, now before my brother comes up here with steam coming out of his eyeballs why don't we go down there and show him how beautiful you look." Mama says, holding out a hand for me to come with her.

  "Why don't you go down there? I'll be down in a second." I promised. Mama smiled and walked downstairs like the royal she is. I took a deep breath and looked myself in the face. "You can do this."

  I pulled papa's sword off the my bed and put it so that I could wear it with no one knowing. I turned away and walked down the wide stairs to find mama and Uncle Alexander waiting for me at the bottom. They were paying attention to themselves until I showed up, and I saw a wierd look cross Uncle Alexander's face, but it went away far too fast for me to make out what it was.

  "You look stunning." Uncle Alexander said as I reached the bottom. I blushed and looked down at my feet.

  "Thank you. That means alot. Shall we go?" I asked sweeping my hand towards the awaiting doors. Uncle Alexander placed my arm in his and mama also. I smiled my thanks and walked out the door to two carriages. I removed my hand from Uncle Alexander's and went to the last one. I had to ride alone because they wanted everyone to believe I was by myself until the big finale when I stopped the fake king's speech and told him out. I wasn't going to admit it to Uncle Alexander, but I was scared. I didn't want  to be locked up in a dungeon and I definetely didn't want to see Prince Edward's face when he realizes what I have done. I looked straight out the window to see that while I was wrapped in my head, we had already reached the castle. It was huge, in a very grand way, but it stinked of darkness, and hatred. They may have made it looked beautiful, but it seemed that the castle didn't like his royal fakeness. The stewardess opened my door and helped me out of the carriage. I smiled at him, and saw his eyes widen in shock and awe, but he never said a word. I guess the stewardess isn't used to someone being nice to him. I stood taller, like I was royal (which I was) and walked into the castle. I stopped at the huge staircase and looked down. I saw people twirling on the dance floor, holding each other close and some wheren't dancing at all. It was very dream like. 

  I moved away and began to walk down the stairs. As I walked down the stairs, everyone began to quiet down. I looked out to see that everyone had turned to watch me. The guys eyes held a little disbelief and admiration while the girls also held disbelief and a hint of envy. I guess I had become the most beautifully dressed girl here. I didn't see Edward, so when I reached the bottom step I went to get a drink with people still staring at me and some actually went back to dancing. I was happy that they had started dancing because that left me alone to drown in my own sorrow. I watched as the stupid ice Queen Merelda came up off  of her thrown and walked over to the middle of her little stage.

  "Hello lady and gentleman! As you all have been told, this is a ball for my nephew, Prince Edward." as she said his name he came sweeping down the stairs with a girl covered in pink and she looked like she was happy there. I felt cold rage go up inside me, so he had moved on faster than I thought that's fine by me. I felt his eyes rest on me and I did not look towards him, no badly how much I wanted to. "It is an honor to host this, and now we shall do the royal waltz, so would you all grab a dance partner and go onto the floor please. I hope you enjoy it."