Chapter Six: Being Strong

I got out of bed all red eyed and sad looking, not at all what Uncle Alexander had been wanting, but I didn't care. I was getting ready to kill a man or many today. I knew we wouldn't start the battle today (that part didn't happen until tomorrow), but I had to work out, make sure my army was strong enough to take down the imposter. I dressed in a bright green war suit, and slung my fathers sword onto my back, and walked out onto the war floor. I had to walk down two flights of stairs to get to the bottom and walk all the way across a stretch of marble floor to reach the battle center. I could see men against men slinging swords from right to left, and men shooting arrows at targets maybe 100 yards away. I saw Uncle Alexander against one new young man, and I could see he wasn't going easy on the kid, and the kid was happy about that. 

  "Princess." Nick says as I enter the place. I could see and hear as swords stopped clanging, bows being lowered, and men all getting onto one knee just for me. I hadn't expected this to come from the exact men I'd been fighting with since I arrived, but I loved it, and that's probably why I raised my right hand all royally and said,

  "I thought I ordered an army, not a bunch of men trying to play a game. Get to work!" I heard men laugh, but they all got back to doing what they were doing. I moved so that I could see which angle all the men were swinging. One boy could barely hold his sword so I went and helped him, which of course made his sword and himself a hard bargain. I was very into helping these people get ready that I almost missed the warning of someone following me from behind. I stopped looked left then right and as if I had been holding the sword I knew when it was going to swing so I moved in time. I swung my fathers sword out and began to sword fight with Nick. Nick was maybe 6'7" and he was very muscular. He was a pale color, but he was ok, and he was a great fighter, one of my best. I smiled and danced around him, blowing dodges from right and left and actually landing a few. I began to laugh and turn like a flower, not getting hurt and yet inflicting pain. In the end I got Nick on the floor in front of me holding nothing in his hands. I smiled down at him and helped him up, just to hear hand claps. I looked out and saw that everyone was watching, and I felt all wierded out, but then again I just smiled and walked around to stare at more work. I was fully aware that someone was behind me, and when I heard a sword swing I moved, pulled out my sword and stood to face him. 

  "Uncle." I smile, but I don't move.

  "Eliza, you realised I was here. How?" He asks, inching his foot just a little bit closer and I move just the right amount back. 

  "Easy. Your feet move in just a few paces after mine, your breathing began to get slower as the time passed and you swung the sword to try to knock my head off my shoulders." I tell him moving slightly closer to him, and he didn't even notice.

  "That's amazing!" He gasps. I laugh, but I move just and inch closer, and see the look that he registered my move. He begins to swing his sword from left to right and did his biggest mistake, swung to the left. My uncle sucked at left blows, and I was powerful on right ones. I hit his side with enough pressure to bring him to his knees, and he went almost willingly. I laugh and watch as he kicks his foot out to hit me, but I move to one side  so I stay on my feet. He has never tried to fight me, but it's thrilling to know he cares enough to try. I let him get up and raise my sword in a battle way and run towards him. He moves to block one blow, but moves to make one at the same time. I block and throw him back onto his heels, and swing left. He swings to block and slices down, I twirl out from under and smack him in his thigh. He falls to his feet without much of a fight, and I laugh in pleasure. I guess he isn't as good a fighter as he says he will.

  "Uncle I do not want to fight." I tell him, and help him up.

  "Fine. I just wanted to make sure you would be able to do it when it came down to it." He says, taking my hand.

  "I'm not going to have to kill you unlce." I laugh at him.

  "No, but you will have to kill Edward." I stop laughing and hiss in a breath of air. I could feel pain lace through me as I remember the way I ended everything. 

  "Well, I'll just hope I don't have to rip my own heart out while doing it." I say sarcastically and walk away from him. I feel tears in my eyes and walk as far away as I can. I end up walking all the way to Lady Blue. She looks like she's just about as ready for a ride as I am. I jump on her and ride to one of my favorite places. This is where I told Edward I loved him, the place I told him he would be disgusted of me if he knew who I really was. I knew it shouldn't have been my favorite place but it was. I loved that day we kissed. I put Lady Blue next to water and tied her.

  "I was wondering if you would ever come back here." I hear someone say behind me. I pull my sword out and face Edward. I knew it was him, but he was on the enemy's side. He looked like he hadn't slept in weeks. That was fine with me, everytime I thought of him, I felt pain. It was undescribable, but it was pain nevertheless. 

  "Why? To see if you'd get the chance to kill me?" I ask. I see him wince in pain, but I don't let it get to me.

  "Is that your opinion of me now?" Edward asks, not even pulling his sword out. I find that awfully wierd. If he was going to kill me, why hadn't he pulled out his sword too?

  "You fight with my uncle. The uncle that killed my father." I remind him.

  "I didn't choose him, you chose. You shouldn't have done that." Edward says, walking closer. I knew I'd done the choosing, but that's because I didn't even expect him to choose me. Ever. 

  "You would have chose him without my help." I told him. It was true in my brain. Choose something you remembered instead of something new.

  "I wouldn't have chosen him, Eliza. I love you, not him. For years I've been wondering why I still stay when he treats the country so foul. All the rich have become poor because he's in debt. He did something to be able to be where he is right now, and the country has to pay for it, not him. I'm sorry, I don't know what he did, but he did something. Eliza I haven't been to the castle ever since that night. I'm not fighting against you. Not now, not ever." Edward walks directly into the sword, showing that I could kill him now, or I could take my sword and put it away.

  "Why?" I whisper.

  "Because I love you. I didn't think that anyone could fall in love as fast as we have, but I promise to fight with you, to defend you, and to make sure you get back on that throne. No matter what the cost." I look into his eyes and see that he's telling the truth. I drop my sword onto the ground.

  "You shouldn't have fallen in love with me." I tell him.

  "No. I love being in love with you. You shouldn't have fallen in love with me." He answers back, and places his hand behind my neck. I look up as his mouth comes over mine. I kiss him back, and put my arms around his waist. I didn't think I'd ever be able to kiss a man, but now I can. It felt right somehow. 

  "You know what you have to do now." I tell him when we come apart.

  "What?" He answers.

  "You have to be able to kill Micheal and Marelda."

  "I know."

  "You have to forget all the feelings you've had for them over the years."

  "Why?"

  "It's about being strong. If you're strong, you won't be killed easily." I harden my resolve and board Lady Blue. "Let's go. You have to practice."