Chapter Three: Uncles

I'd been fighting with all of Alexander's fighters for as long as I'd been here. None of them held my attention for a long time and for some reason I'd wished I'd had a better challenge.

  "Mama, why aren't there any good knights here?" I ask her as we get ready to lie down for bed.

  "There are." Mama says while lying down on her bed.

  "Mama they may be great knights, but they are too slow for me. I know what they are going to do before they do and I can kill them if I really wanted to, but they will be needed some other time. I need a stronger challenge!" I say frustratedly above my head. Mama is silent for so long that I began to think that she was asleep.

  "I could use some more green silk for Edmund's. Why don't you go fetch me some darling?" Mama says. I glance over her hoping she isn't joking. When she doesn't say anything I jump up and pull on my favorite fighting gear. I had brought it when Mama and I came out here. I pull on papa's sword before I hide it beneath my cape.

  "Thank you mama." I say as I pass her bed. I walk all the way to our barn without a run in with any of Uncle Alexander's men showing up. I walk all the way to the black horse in the back. Lady Blue. I'd named her that because her coat was so black it appeared blue in some places.

  We ride into town and with no problem. As I slowly come off of Lady Blue's back I see men in their spicable suits courting around women who are dressed indecently. I could actually make out how big there bussom was and they were practically out in the open! That was just plain disgusting. A true lady dresses properly and with elegance not with the thought that men would fall at their feet. I walked up to Edmund's never making no contact with anyone. A bell answers my pull of the door. I step into a small shop with all kinds of cloth and colors everwhere.

  "What can I help you with?" A small stumpy fat man says coming up behind the counter.

  "My mama says she needs some more green silk, and I think you know which person I'm talking about." I tell him. He looks at me with a knowing smile.

  "I'll be right back." He walks away and I'm left to stare at everything he has out here. I can see swaths of pink, yellow, green, blue, purple, silver, gold, and so much more! Mama would have loved this place. "Here ya go." the stumpy old man hands over a huge roll of green silk.

  "Thank you. If you don't mind my asking but who came up with this store?" I asked him. He looks down with pain and something else in his eyes.

  "The old King had it made for his Queen Aranza. Edmund's her father's name." he says.

  "And what happened to them?" I asked even though I already knew.

  "The King was slayed in his bedroom by who we do not know. Queen Aranza was never found, we imagine she fled and hide. King Micheal says she must have fled when she became guilt stricken by her husband's execution. If you wanna know what I think, I think something is about to happen because for the first time in seventeen years we see someone who actually looks like the King. You could possibly be the heir." the old man says. I walk so I'm very close to him, I lean down and whisper into his ear.

  "Old man, you have no idea." I walk out. I was all for boarding Lady Blue and leaving, but now I see that there is a group of people surrounding her. They only touch her once in a while and she snorts and move away. The group all laugh.

  "Look! She's a frightened little lad." Some guy says. The others laugh.

  "Why don't you board her and take her for a ride?" A guy with dark hair and blue eyes say.

  "Why Prince Edward you have become gutsy." The man says, actually getting ready to board Lady Blue.

  "You shouldn't try that." I tell him, coming to a stand still in front of him and his group of friends. They all look at me.