Chapter Eight: A Break

I was laying in bed, wondering why I wasn't out there, fighting along side my men when I heard it. There was a boom. It was extraodinarily loud. Then I heard shouts. Shouts of pleasure, and I didn't know who it came from. Had my men fallen or had they been so good that they were standing? Were they the ones screaming in unison over that boom or was I now in trouble of being slaughtered as well? I hoped not. I had to finish my mission. Papa had reminded me what my mission was, and I shouldn't be resting.

I got up and grabbed my sword. The speed and stregnth I used was battling with my wound which had just started healing. I didn't care. I wasn't going to die a coward. I walked further down the halls, and heard footsteps. I hid behind a pillar, and the footsteps turned my way. No one talked, so I still couldn't tell if what side they were on. I counted five seconds, then I whirled out and swung. I heard metal scrap metal as a shield came up.

"Eliza! It's me, Edward!" I heard his voice so I lowered my sword. I winced as pain laced through me. It had hurt to pull against my wound. Edward lowered his shield to the floor and picked me up.

"I'm not a baby." I complain, but I didn't move. I was afraid I'd pull on my wound again, and I'll admit it felt like heaven in his arms.

"No, but your wounded." Edward answers. I put my head against his shoulder and close my eyes. He walks ever so gently towards my chambers and I look over his shoulder to see if Uncle Alexander was there. He wasn't.

"Where is Alexander?" I ask Edward. He doesn't look at me.

"He's been wounded. He's being healed as we speak."

"I want to see him." I say.

"Eliza I don't think that's a good idea." He argues.

"He's my uncle. I have to see him." I look up at Edward who still isn't staring at me. I place a hand on his cheek and gently turn his head to me. He looks down, and I know he can see the tears in my eyes, but I say the words I need to say, "He's all I have left."

"Alright. But for the record you have me." Edward kisses my forehead and changes the course of direction. I nod my head, and think. He's just said I have him, but if that's true what will I do? I love

Edward with all my heart, but I don't know if I'll even survive this. I know I'll eliminate Micheal, but I might have to sacrifice myself for that to happen. I wish he hadn't said that. I didn't want to see his face if I die again. It'd been brutal the first time. The tears in his eyes, the thought that he was hallucinating my voice had been crushing. I loved him, but I was scared that he'd be gone before I could say anything about it.

We arrive to screams, cursing, and wierd blue light. Edward knocks twice then enters. My eyes are blinded by the light so I wince into his shoulder. After a while my eyes adjust and I can see people.

"Edward, put me down." I tell him. He listens and I walk closer to the blue light. It's coming from a womans hands! She's leaning over my Uncle closing a gap in his stomach. He looks over and curses. "Uncle?"

"Eliza, what are you doing up?" He says between deep breaths.

"I-I heard something go off, and I didn't know which side had done it, so I decided if it was the enemy I was going to fight, not die as a coward." I tell him. I see a smile on his face, and I smile back tears in my eyes.

"You know the last time I saw tears in your eyes is when you came back from the dead. Why are you crying now?" He asks.

"You are almost dead, and you're all I have left of a family. Do you really think that would sit ok with me?" I ask.