Chapter Ten: Hope

I walked towards my uncle and felt anger, betrayel, and a little hope. I hated that I had been tricked more than anyone.

"Eliza, you don't have to do this!"

Edward yelled after me.

"Yes, I do!" I yelled back. I didn't even stop to talk back to him. I HAD to see what was happening. I had to see if my dad was alive and the only person I trusted to tell me the truth was my uncle.

"Eliza listen." Edward grabbed my arm to stop me. "I don't believe that your father is alive. Micheal would have said something if he was. Can't you see that?"

"The only thing I see is you keeping me away from my only chance to see if Nick was right. You have to let me do this, Edward." I place my hands on each side of his face and plead with him to let me do this.

"Eliza, I WANT you to find your father, but at what cost? I can't bare to loose you no matter if this is true or false." Edward looked like he'd just proclaimed that he was a dead man. I knew the world would stop if I lost him, but the fact that he felt the same way made me want to forget about this hope that my father might be alive. I should have done exactly as he wanted me to, but I wanted to know my father.

"I'm sorry." I pulled away and walked faster to my uncles chambers. I felt a tear slip down my cheek, but I walked faster, not wanting to remember the pain I was putting on him. Or myself.

"Ah! Eliza I was just coming to find you!" Uncle Alexander exclaimed as I entered his bed chamber.

"Is there a chance he might still be alive?" I asked him. He looked startled.

"Excuse me?" He answered back.

"Is there a chance that my father may still be alive?" I asked him.

"Eliza, we really shouldn't be talking about this." Was his only answer.

"I don't care what we should and shouldn't be talking about. What I care about is that my father might be alive and you're the only person I know who my father would go to if he'd faked his own death." I argued. He shifted around in discomfort.

"Eliza you heard the stories. He died!" Uncle had stood up and thrown his hands in the air. A little too planned if you asked me.

"You're lying." I scolded.

"Excuse me?" He sounded shocked. I stepped towards him.

"Your hands flew up as if they had been planned to go up, you tripped over a word, and I'm pretty sure your heart sped up." I explained how I knew. Well, it was really just a hunch.

"You are very perceptive for your age." Uncle Alexander tries to distract me.

"Thank you. Now are you gonna answer my question?" I post myself by his door, not moving an inch.

"I-I can't." He finally says. I stand there, shocked. Words have suddenly flooded away.

"What?" I ask. He looks at me, pain clearly in his eyes.

"I want to tell you. I do, but there is no way I can do that. I can't say he's alive and I can't say he's dead." Was the only thing he said.

"So you're telling me you don't know?" I ask. I've moved a little closer to him.

"No." He answered, not even looking at me.

"What does that mean!" I scream at him, my hands flying in the air. Uncle Alexander surprises me by grabbing a hold of my arms and his eyes turn hard.

"Eliza just drop it. For Christ's sake you didn't even know the man!" He exclaimed. I flinched away as if he had hit me, it sure felt like he did.

"That is why I have to know. He's not a stranger that happened to come along. He's my father, and I'm sorry, but I want to know him. If in fact he is alive, I have to find him." I said, probably more forcefully than I should have.

"I'm sorry Eliza, but I can't let you do that. No matter if he was alive or not. You have a kingdom to save." He pushes me out of his chambers. "And this kingdom should mean more to you than he does."

I stared at the closed doors and realized what he was speaking was the truth. I shouldn't stop fighting for a whim, I should fight harder because that means Micheal's army and he himself will be distracted. I raced towards the room where most men who could fight were taking a breather.

"Tonight!" I yelled. They all stood up and became silent as I gave the order. "Tonight we take our kingdom back." I gave a devilous smile and the room errupted in cheers of commitment and courage. I would take my kingdom back. And then my father if he happened to be alive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! Okay so if you're into it so far pretty PRETTY please LIKE, COMMENT, or hey! FAN ME!!!

P.S. this adventure is almost over :)