iii. honey brown curls

EARLY JUNE 2016

iii. honey brown curls
| Wyatt Oleff has entered the chat |

   THE TALL, dark wooden door abruptly swings open, taking the two's attention away from the nice, external features of the largish, white house and onto the young boy.

    But let's rewind.

When approaching the front door, Riley thinks that the jobs Mr. and Mrs. Oleff have must've paid well, seeing as how large their house was.

    She also assumes that where they lived must get a lot of rain, as for their grass was as green as green could get. Unless it was fake — but she didn't have time to figure that out.

   Revealed from inside is a smallish boy who Riley figures is Wyatt. He is nicely dressed though, there are several wrinkles shown on his tight-fit shirt. Buy that isn't the first thing she noticed — that was the light brown curls sprouting from his head.

   "Mr. Kooper," Wyatt nervously greets James but looks at Riley while doing so. He shakes his hand and takes a step back, then actually pays attention to him. He flashes a smile, "it's been too long."

    "Indeed it has." James agrees, then moves his hand up to his knee cap. "Last I saw you, you were this tall!"

Another thing Riley notices — the boy's voice. It was high.. like really high. As if he had taken a large puff of helium.

    Although he's only twelve, Riley finds it kind of strange that he hasn't met puberty yet. And also kind of funny. She began to imagine a situation between her and Wyatt, and a person named Puberty.

    Without knowing it, she draws attention to herself by starting to giggle, still imagining the scenario. The two look over at her and James clasps his hands.

    "Wyatt, this is Riley." He introduces them to one another. "Riley, Wyatt."

    There really wasn't a need to introduce the two to each other. It's pretty obvious that Riley is Riley and Wyatt is Wyatt. There is no way this kid could've been older than her.

"Hello." Riley says first, smiling weakly. She extends her hand out for a shake and their hands join together.

Wyatt feels himself feel a bit more comfortable as his hand touched hers. He found her skin to be soft, and herself to be.. pretty.