ix. legend in the making

| let's celebrate with a pizza party — oh, and also judging our co-stars by watching movies they've been in! |

    LATER ON on that night, the family of five — including Riley as a part of the Oleff team — decide to go out and celebrate the good news by going to a local pizzeria.

They crowd around a booth in the busy restaurant. Places in the center of the table is a half eaten cheese pizza, still hot.

"So you're basically going to be like a temp?" Eli questions.

Riley had been bugged all throughout dinner with everyone's questions, besides Jennifer who already knew all of the answers.

    "Assistant." She corrects in a dreadful tone, picking around at her leftover crust. Wyatt snatches it off her plate and eats it with a smile. Riley smacks him on the arm.

    "I think it's pretty cool," Doug expresses, glancing over at Riley. "It's like a summer job, but instead of getting paid, you're making new friends."

    "Dad, we haven't even met these people," Wyatt points out. "We don't know if they're nice or not."

    "Who said they had to be nice to be your friends?" Doug starts to chuckle all until Jennifer shoots him a look from across the table. His laughter soon dies off and he covers it up with a cough.

    "Wyatt, honey," Jennifer sweetly says, "from what I've heard, these are nice people. And good actors, too."

    Riley hears Wyatt mumble something under his breath and squints her eyes.

    "It still amazes me that you're an actor." She comments, earning a scoff from Eli. She turns around and sees him give her a 'you dumbass' look.

    "Have you not seen Guardians of the Galaxy?" He asks. Riley pauses and wonders if she should tell the truth or not.

    "No...?"

    "Well, I'm in it." Wyatt mumbles, looking down at his lap. It's clear in his voice an appearance that he's in a sour mood. Even though hours earlier he was happier than ever before.

    "But only for a short time." Eli adds, smiling at his remark. Both Riley and Wyatt roll their eyes at him.

   As Doug pays the bill, Jennifer clasps her hands together with a look of hope on her face. She looks directly across at Wyatt and Riley, though he pays no attention to her.