xii. the famous client

| on their way to the hotel, tucker is dropped off, making them one of the last people to arrive |

    "HERE WE are!" The driver announces, pulling into a small parking lot. There, some cars are parked in front of a small white building. But for the most part, the place seemed to be pretty abandoned.

    Riley stares at the place and holds Tucker close to her. The driver parks into one of the empty parking spots. The locks unlock with a push of a button.

    "Alright, make it fast." He says as Wyatt and Jennifer open up their doors. "Or it'll add up."

    "Alright," Jennifer says, pushing herself out of the car. "Riley, are you coming?"

    Riley continues to sit there, stroking Tucker's fur while staring at the front of the kennel.

It's small in size with two large front windows and a small wooden door. There are small signs in the windows — supposed to be reassuring ones, and read:

WE CARE FOR YOUR PETS
AS IF THEY WERE OURS!

    "Riley?" Wyatt asks, leaning his head in to see what she was doing. Riley breaks out of her stare and thoughts and nods.

     "Right— yes." She moves out of the car and once she's out, Jennifer gives her a very worrying look.

    "Honey, are you okay?"

    "Yeah, I'm-I'm fine. Just thinking, that's all."

    "Andy said that this was the best kennel around," Jennifer assures. "I'm sure Tucker will be fine."

    "Yeah, and maybe he'll be like us," Wyatt joins in, "maybe he'll make new friends. Meet new dogs."

    "Yeah, maybe." Riley laughs as her eyes start to tear up. Wyatt notices this but decides not to say anything.

    She and Wyatt walk inside and Jennifer holds the door open. Riley first spots the front counter, where an older lady sits mumbling to herself.

    "Hello," Jennifer speaks up, walking to the front desk. "We're here to drop off our pup."

    "What's the name?"

     "Tucker... Underneath the name Jennifer Oleff?"

     "Oh, the famous dog."