xiii. chaos on the top floor

| riley and wyatt split up to go on their own adventures until its time to leave the hotel. and they both have very, very weird experiences |

THE ELEVATOR doors open and Wyatt and Riley look at each other, then gulp simultaneously. They eventually step out before the doors could close and stand in the hallway.

"Well, I guess this is it." Riley says, breaking the silence between the two. Wyatt nods awkwardly and glances back behind him.

"My room's that way." He says, pointing his thumb back and over his shoulder. Riley smiles weakly and pats him on the shoulder.

"Good luck."

"And to you, as well."

The two kids hug one another and pat each other's back before slipping out of reach and walking different directions. It seemed unfortunate that their rooms were on opposite ends of the hall.

Riley approaches her door and unlocks it with the key card. She takes a hold of the handle and opens the door, seeing that her room was just like any hotel room. Possibly a bit bigger, though had the basics of any hotel room.

It consists of two beds, bigger than twins, smaller than king. Which I guess leaves a queen. There was a balcony that overlooked the back of the hotel — a gorgeous view of a field of fresh cut grass.

There are the other things like a bathroom, a fairly good sized kitchen, television — you get the idea.

Riley smiles and shuts the door behind her, then runs and flops onto one of the beds after throwing her bag on the floor. She lands face down into the clean, silky sheets and turns over to look up at the ceiling.

Then her smile fades. She was alone. And had plenty of leftover time to do something. But what was there to do?

She could visit Wyatt, but he was sharing the biggest room on the floor with five other boys his age. She could take a nap, but she wasn't tired.

"What to do." She mumbles quietly. Her hand runs through her plain brown locks and her face scrunches up. "Shower. Most definitely shower."

While this was going on, Wyatt slowly moved towards the double doors at the very end of the hall.

He gulps and is no longer tired, but nervous as he could already hear the running footsteps and yelling from the other side. His eyes peek over his shoulder to see if Riley was still there. But she wasn't.