xi. sleeping beauty

xi. sleeping beauty
| the three land in Toronto and begin
their summer adventure |

MANY, MANY hours later, Riley wakes up to Wyatt resting quietly on her side. His lips are slightly parted and his curls gently brush against Riley's neck as he tries to get into a more comfortable position.

Chuckling softly, the girl rolls her eyes as he continues to sleep. She turns her cheek the other way to look out the small window beside her, seeing thin clouds and within, buildings from afar.

Riley sighs while turning away again, and takes another look at sleepy beauty. She looks beyond him, and notices that Jennifer is out of her seat.

She begins to look around the room full of people — some sleeping, others reading — to find Jennifer, until a flight attendant starts to walk up their aisle.

"Excuse me." Riley speaks up as the blonde haired lady passed. She turns around and smiles sweetly once seeing Riley.

"Yes?"

"How much longer till we land?" She asks, beginning to grow anxious. She'd slept it off before, but now the reason why she's on that plane finally hit her.

"I would say.. another thirty minutes, ma'am." The flight attendant replies, checking her silver watch. "Hang in there."

"Thank you." Riley nervously says before turning back around in her seat. The lady nods and continues her path up the aisle. Soon, Jennifer returns.

"Nice to know that you're awake now," she says, sitting down slowly beside her son. "How'd you sleep?"

"Just fine."

"Good, we're supposed to be landing soon." She pauses to look Wyatt, then at Riley. "He's been like that since you fell asleep."

Riley's eyebrows raise with surprise at Jennifer's statement, then she smiles a little to herself. Her heartbeat slows down a bit and the butterflies in her stomach disappear.

She remembers how both she and Wyatt are going on this trip, and if anyone should be more nervous, it should be him. She remembers how if things went bad she could always turn to him. She isn't a loner for once.

"Wyatt, wake up." Jennifer says, starting to tickle him playfully. Wyatt begins to squirm in his seat and Jennifer continues to tickle him until he wakes up.