v. dinner party

v. dinner party
| the six join together for dinner and Riley tries to introduce herself but miraculously fails. Also big news are shared |

NEVER IN Riley's life had she ever wanted dinner to be over with so soon.

    She can feel Wyatt's glare burn her skin with disliking — not literally or physically — throughout the entire meal. It makes the meatloaf seem not as delicious as it had smelt earlier.

"So, Riley," Jennifer breakers the uncomfortable silence full of scraping forks and quiet chews. She smiled over at the girl. "Tell us about yourself."

Riley's eyes grow big and suddenly felt even more uncomfortable now that everyone was looking at her.

    This is the one of the many things she hates about joining a new family — having to introduce herself. She never knew or figured out a good way to start and there wasn't much to her story. And not meaning to be deep or anything, but she's also trying to figure out who she is as a person. So this is tough.

    She swallow/ her food along with fear and nervousness, before smiling at the five.

"Well, there's not much to talk about, or say." She confesses, glancing beside her at James who gives her a certain look that reads: 'you can't fool me.'

"I'm sure there's at least something about you we don't know." Doug laughs. "I mean, you've only been here for a couple of hours. C'mon, what do you do in your free time, what kind of music do you listen to, y'know, that sorta stuff."

"Well, I skate some," Riley shrugs, feeling a little less tense as the conversation carries on. "And I can play a little bit of basketball."

    That gains a scoff and the roll of the eyes from Wyatt, and Riley really couldn't care less about it.

"Yeah, I saw you out there. We'll have to play two on two or something, y'know." Doug suggests, then looks at the two boys. "You and Eli against me and Wyatt or vice versa."

"I'd like that." Riley partially lies before focusing across the table and at Wyatt, who takes a sip of his water with his eyes narrowed.

"Well, Riley," Jennifer says, shifting in her seat to a more comfortable position. "How do you feel about traveling?" Doug nudges her in the arm abruptly.

"Jennifer—"

"I'm just asking, Doug. We're not leaving for another couple of weeks or so—"