26: She Said No

"She said no." Kaede spoke with authority. He was absolutely not going to be giving you up tonight. Not when he was going to be alone in a house with you. All night long.

"What do you care, Manyuda? Aren't you going to go comfort Itsuki or something?" Midari spat out as she held you tightly, causing Runa to laugh.

"Why would he comfort her? They barely know each other." You remarked as you looked at the crazy girl holding you.

"Don't be an idiot, Midari." Kaede spat out as he stood up and marched out of the room. He was done.

But what you didn't see was Kirari, staring into Midari's soul, shaking her head no in a deadly manner.

"H-He wouldn't. I just don't like that he's answering for you." Midari quickly covered up. It was not her place to say anything at all.

"Alright, both players are ready." The referee interrupted the argument.

"Well, I am going to go home though. Please, give me the recap of this tomorrow. I'm interested to see who wins, but I'd like to go back to my home." You kissed Midari. "I had a good day with you Midari. Thank you."

And with that, you stood up to go find Kaede. He wasn't hard to find, as he was standing directly outside the door, waiting for you to follow him. His glasses glinted evilly at you as he looked down at you.

You squirmed under his gaze. You hadn't really done anything wrong, but you felt like you had. As you waited for the tension to break, you could still hear what was going on beneath you.

"It wouldn't be good for my mental state to just win normally, would it?" Yuriko's voice was muffled. "Stress is the enemy of beauty. Life or death. I'll kill you, literally."

"Nishinotoin, if you were offended by what I said, I apologize. It was all lies I told to bring us to this point. Please forgive me." Yumeko responded.

"Why?"

"Why? Because you're cheating."

There was a pause here, which you took the opportunity to speak.

"I'd like to go home, Kae. Could you please escort me?" You whispered as you looked down.

His face softened when his anger subsided. He wasn't particularly angry at you. He was more jealous. Jealous of the rest of the council who got your attention, jealous of the time you spent with them. But beyond the jealousy, he decided that he really did hate Midari.

"Yeah, bug. Let's go home. I'll make you forget that idiot." He pulled your body close to him and ran his fingers through your hair.

You didn't like when he called her that, but you couldn't sacrifice your relationship with him. Or rather, you wouldn't.

As you reached your arms around his neck, he chuckled.

"I'm sure you do want me to carry you to the car but--"

"You don't think it'd be wise, as someone could--"

"See us, yes. But trust me, when I get you to the limo I won't be able to--"

"Keep your hands off of me? I hope so." You smirked at him, a naughty look. He didn't carry you back to your limo, but damn if he didn't practically run there.