29: Do You Want Dinner

"Do you want dinner, Ka-da?" You asked as you snuggled into his bare chest. It was soft as well as open to you and he smelled familiar, albeit maybe just a little sweaty. He was practically asleep.

"Mm. Will your chef prepare something?" He mumbled as he ran his hand along your torso.

"I sent her home for the day. I will prepare you something." You chuckled at him assumption. It wasn't an incorrect one; after all no one in your family really cooked. But you had some proficiency in it, since you had a penchant for late night snacks.

"Grilled Mahi-Mahi with a citrus glaze, wild rice on the side with balsamic spritz. Oh and I'd also enjoy a lemon sorbet, preferably flash frozen. Thanks." He relayed to you with a serious tone. Your eyes widened as you tried to decipher if he was serious or not.

Then he smiled and laughed. You scrunched your nose as him as you squeezed him tightly for teasing you.

"In all seriousness, I would really like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich." He ran his fingers through your hair and gazed into your eyes.

"Really? That seems so unlike you. Isn't that a weird flavor combination?"

"It is surprisingly delicious. And I know, but sometimes I really do prefer things to be more simple."

"Mmm, that sounds like my Kaede." You nodded as you sat up in bed, pulling the sheet up with you.

"You know, bug, you don't really have a reason to hide your body from me." He tugged at the sheet, pulling it from your hands. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

You froze, amazed at his boldness.

"Kaede..." You were ready to give the answer in your heart.

"You know what, actually, I take it back. May I? I should like to ask you in a few weeks when I've achieved my goal. In fact, I shall perhaps ask you for even more. Will you accept that?"

Surprised, you simply shook your head yes. This was fine. You were quite sure nothing would change too much within a few meager weeks.

"Now, let us go to the kitchen my love. And there's no need to hide yourself and I shall not hide either." He stood up in his full glory. Kaede wasn't a particularly fit individual, built more for academics than for sports. His hair was messy now, but normally in order. And when he didn't wear his glasses... wow. He didn't even really need glasses, but he thought they made him look older and more mature.

"No glasses, Kae. Let's just go." You stood up and reached out for his hand. If it was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that he wanted, it was going to be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that he would get. And in all honesty, you were pretty interested in having one as well.

You could dial it back; make life just a bit more simple. After all, you had school again soon enough and that was anything but simple.