92: And So It Went

And so it went. Yumeko continued to battle for the spot of president, along with the other Bami family members, the old student council and the few odd students. As you finished up your years in high school, one thing became more clear. The current president held more than a position of power. They held your heart.

During the year after the presidential election, you had realized you were in love with them. After their usual, "Hello, Princess" had made you yearn to hear them call you by your name for the rest of your life. And then you knew you also would die a happy person if you got to be kissed, so sweetly, by them every day until you stopped breathing. It was a deep need to be around them that made you realize the heaviness of your heart was an amount of love you had never thought yourself capable of.

It was the first day of your final year when you rested your hand on their thigh and leaned in to kiss their cheek. You asked to be monogamous, having decided that there was no need to explore any further. In return, you got a kiss on the lips.

You could feel the softness of their lips on yours and you were sure your face was bright red.

After that, you simply went back to reading with a pleased little smile on your lips, finally trusting that you had made the right choice. You were all beyond happy. Your heart swelled with love for them, they had become so dear to you in such a short time comparatively, just from little things that wormed their way into your affections. Like the adorable way they would frown when they disagreed with something they read and the way their eyes would light up every time they had a new recommendation for you.

But still, the way your heart was pounding from the chaste kiss would take some time to get used to.

And you continued like that for months, eventually meeting outside the library. Going to the park to watch the birds in companionable silence. Sitting in coffee shops speaking in low intimate tones about whatever book had caught your interest.

One day, in their middle of the council room, they set down their book and turned their chair so they were facing you straight on. Their face was sincere as they spoke.

"You can have this." They pointed to the center of their chest, towards their heart. Their soul. "You can have my body, my companionship."

You only nodded, laid your hand over theirs and murmured a barely audible but heartfelt thank you. It was the most beautiful moment you had ever known.

You thought finally, you had found your life companion.

It was only a few months later, after school had ended for you, that you became officially engaged, never once doubting your feelings for each other. And you never did.

AN: I know there's plenty more in the manga, but it's pretty repetitive after this and honestly I can't write much more for this story to move it forward. So here's the best part of this book-- Choose your own (lemon) ending! If there's one not on this list that you're dying for, ask and you may receive. I'll be releasing all the endings at once, that way no one is waiting for their ending! Options will be:

Kaede

Yumeko

Midari

Yumemi

Kirari & Ririka

Kirari

Ririka

Rin & Ibarra

Rin

Ibarra

Meari

Ryota