Your Highness

Chapter 3

Everyone gathered at the entrance of the village to wait for Aang and Katara. All of the adults of the village believed Aang signaled the Fire Navy to out village. When they finally got back, they tried explaining what happened. Aang was banished from the village, and Katara tried to leave with him.

Aang didn't want to be the reason Katara left, so he left Katara here, said goodbye, and left with Appa. The children were all upset so I went to comfort them, well the girls, Sokka was making the boys ready our defenses.

Sokka painted his face in a warrior style, ready for battle. I was thinking that there is no way we can win. Gran Gran has forbidden me from using my bending around the Fire Navy. I sighed, I feel so helpless. I looked at the girls who's faces were scared and I knew I had to help Sokka. He's no match for the fire navy.

I abandoned my jacket and exited the tent. I stood next to Sokka on the wall.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Sokka, please you're going to need help if the Fire Navy is coming." I told him. I smirked to keep the fear from my face.

"Kayta you know you can't. They'll take you away."

"Well then, we better not let them." I told him.

There was a rumble throughout the village. The fog hid the Fire Nation's ships from our sight. Then through the fog we saw a large battle ship approach, it broke though the ice and our wall in an instant.

It ominously stayed still, Sokka and I waited in the snow, that was once the wall. Then suddenly a ramp fell open, we had to rush out of the way to keep from being hit.

Walking off the ramp were soldiers. Sokka charged at them, but was thrown to the side. I looked back at Gran Gran who shook her head no then towards the soldiers. I quickly looked at the children's fear etched faces and I knew what had to be done.

I practice my firebending a lot, so I sort of know what I'm doing as I take a stance. I deeply breathe in then throw a fire ball at the soldiers. The lead blew my flames back at me, but I stopped them from hitting me.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" The lead asked venomously. "Guards take this one on board. She'll see what the Fire Nation does to those who betray them."

I tried to fight off the guards, but they were trained and I fell, weak in their hands. They dragged me into the ship with out me being able to say a word.

I heard the head guard speak again, "Now if you'll cooperate, you won't end up like your friend."

Then I was brought before an old man.

"Did Zuko do this?" He asked. The guard who held me nodded, and the old man shook his head. "Well release her, she isn't going anywhere."

The guard let go of my hands and I shot him a dirty look. I rubbed my sore wrists and looked at the man.

"Hi." I awkwardly greeted him. "Um I'm guessing Zuko is that head guard person, but can I go back to the village? Zuko thought I was from the Fire Nation, and well I've never even left my village."

"Zuko tends to jump to conclusions, was it because of your hair or your eyes?"

I rubbed my arm nervously, this man didn't seem mean, but he is part of the Fire Nation.

"I may or may not be a firebender, and I may or may not have attacked him." I admitted sheepishly.

The old man did something I never could have expected, he started laughing. "I told Zuko, he needs to practice the basics more."