u n o

Footsteps pounded amongst the cement floor as Elias Garcia sprinted away from the men chasing him.

"Come back!" One of the men yelped angrily, and Elias turned his head so he faced them. Their faces were red, ashen with exhaustion. He smirked as he ran faster, inevitably escaping the chasers.

The sidewalk lights flickered as he passed them, taking on a slow jogging pace. Leaves rustled as the gunmen behind him struggled to catch up. Elias' gun rustled every time he moved his thigh, reminding him that he had an opportunity.

"Come back, bitch!" Another man yelled, somehow closer than he expected. And before Elias could reply, the sound of a gun trigger going off rang out in the empty park they were passing. The bullet had missed him by a foot. The men were catching up at an abominable pace.

"Shit," He swore and attempted to fasten his pace. But the men were closing in by each second passing. There was no escape. More shots echoed amongst the empty and clear air, scaring all of the birds and animals, most likely waking up the majority of the neighborhood that were fast asleep.

Elias could almost hear his sister chiding him in the back of his mind. She would've said, "Damn you, Elias! You've done it again!" or "Jesucristo Elias! Cual es tu problema!" in their native language. And he would've just laughed it out and waved his hand and ignored her complaints. After all, she is the younger sister... right?

She was his younger sister. The sister that now rested in a fearful coma, making him think she's dead. So, with a huff of annoyance, Elias stopped running altogether and faced the dangerous men behind him.

There were three smirking men, all holding guns and aiming them towards him. Their hair was gelled back, almost as if they tried to blend in with the night.

"Ah, so the coward already knows what to do," The man in the middle spat, making sure some of the spit got in Elias' face. 

He scowled at the men who were now glaring at him with impenetrable hate and wiped the spit off.

But instead of replying with a smart-ass comment, he just stood still, letting his hair slide down and cover his face, creating a dark shadow over the top part of his chest. He liked to think he looked like the devil himself. With his black hair and dark brown eyes that came from his late mother, he was lethally handsome.

"Is the coward not going to speak?" The man in the middle spoke again, slowly treading closer to him. But again, instead of replying, Elias let a cool smirk creep upon his face, making sure to keep looking down at the hard grey pavement.

The two men behind the man in the middle were becoming more cautious; their steps becoming quieter, their arms beginning to quiver, and their breaths becoming quicker and more visible in the air. At least they knew that if you passed the Elias Garcia, you would have to plead for your existence.

____________________

~Dietrogolia

~Acnologia

P.S. We are very sorry for not updating, we will try to continuously try to update quicker than usual. But since our schedules are packed and we have lots of things going on, please do expect some delay. Thank you for understanding.