t r e s

A moment of silence engulfed them, and Lachlan finally exited the room with a frown.

Gabriela's hair sprayed over the pillow like a rain shower, and her eyelids were shut tightly over her eyes. Elias always wondered what occurred in his younger sister's mind. She would never let him in, and if she woke up, she would have to. When not if. When she would wake up, she would have to spill all her secrets to him. Only because he needs to know if she's safe. She's his younger sister, for crying out loud. He was supposed to protect her with his life, not let her die. Because that was what a coma was. A sleeping, eternal, and fatal death. If she didn't wake up, he wouldn't know what to do with his life.

__

"Ias! Stop!" Six-year-old Gabriela yelped, emitting a smile made of gold as her older brother tickled her.

"Never!" He exclaimed, a small smile gracing his own features while watching his sister squeal.

The afternoon was fresh, and the two children frolicked around the green grasses in the small park near their house emitted. Once Gabriela settled down, the two children elapsed in a silence that everyone would question.

The skies were becoming grey, almost the shade of Gabriela's eyes. So, when she stared up at the greying sky, she asked her brother a burning question.

"Elias?" She asked innocently, facing her brother for a split second then looking back up.

"Hm?"

"Why does the sky turn gris?" She asked, her accent thickening once she said the Spanish word.

"You mean grey?" He asked her. Their mother had asked them to talk in English, not Spanish. It wasn't a problem for Elias, though. His mother lost fate in teaching him the language. But she taught his sister once she showed interest. A fraction of jealousy would always remain in their bond because of the fact that she knew Spanish and he didn't.

"No, I mean gris." She chided, and Elias rolled his eyes. Why did the sky turn grey?...

"Answer the question," She whined, and seven-year-old Elias began to think of an explanation.

"Well, the sky turns grey because of sadness," He stated unsurely. Gabriela faced him with a cute are-you-sure look, and he slapped a more assured face on his features, trying to make his sister believe him. "Yeah. Because it's sad!" He stated more confidently.

The two then laid down on the sullen grass and faced the sky. "But Elias, why is the sky sad?"

He racked his brain for a reason. "Well, maybe because the sun has been out too long and is selfish? The sky is about to cry and let all of its sadness out!"

_________________

~Dietrogolia 

~Acnologia