n u e v e

Elias started to see his sister struggling to run. So, without anymore slacking, he ran behind the guard on the right and elbowed him in the neck. The man voiced out a loud, strangled cry, and stopped running altogether, almost tripping Elias. The other officer stopped running, and it was just the three of them, dancing a dangerous game of charades.

Grey was still running, despite the absent chasers. She was free to let out a strangled cry without being embarrassed. That is if cry's even were embarrassing.

And the last thing she heard from her brother and the officers before she could fully run away, was, "Let's tango."

-*-

"Let's tango," Elias said darkly, his posture slouching. Grey was out of the radar, far away and unable to see how her brother was about to mutilate the guards.

He was scanning the two officers, one obviously still wounded from the elbow to the neck, and the other officer, much to Elias's disappointment, unharmed, armed, and alive. With a quick flip of his wrist, he grasped the small, black, but deadly weapon in his hand and aimed it at the guards. 

In a matter of a few unaware seconds, the gun went off, and straight through the injured officer's forehead, a clear, yet bloody, hole aimed in the top center of his head. The officer dropped to the floor, blood leaking out of his head, staining the road he had been running on less than thirty seconds ago.

The one officer remaining gasped in fear, staring at the hooded and sadistically smiling teenager in fear. Feeling the gaze of the officer, Elias looked up from the dead being on the ground and blankly stared at the officer with cold, blank, and calculating eyes. The gun was still pointed at the guard, anxious to shoot a bullet through the man's heart. 

"What?" He hissed, taking a step forwards. The officer stepped backward, the gun pointed at Elias shaking. "Aren't you supposed to be helping our community?"

"S-stay away from m-me..." The man stuttered, his breath beginning to show in the cold air. A chilly wind blew past them, rustling the guards' hair. Elias chuckled evilly. "Why? Why would you want me to stay away?"

He began circling the man, taking weary and definite steps around him, weapon still sighted at its target. His hands were tightly fastened behind his back, hands clenched in fists, ready to fight.

"Are you afraid?" The officer did not answer. Elias took a step closer, the circle shrinking.

"Are you scared of me?" Silence answered.

"Answer me," Elias whispered timidly. His eyes widened as if he was hallucinating.

"Answer me!" He exclaimed, and the officer jumped. His gun dropped to the ground.

"Are you afraid of the damage I will cause?" Elias exclaimed and questioned. The only answer from the officer was a small, frantic, and squared nod.

________________

~Dietrogolia

~Acnologia