Chapter 21: The Trial and the Ball

"So," I began

"So," I began. "This is the place?"

Hau nodded. "Lush Jungle, home to the Grass Trial and final trial on Akala Island, provided you believe a Grand Trial is separate from a normal trial."

Alex smiled. "After this, we're one step closer to finishing the Island Challenge."

"Let's go," I said and the five of us, 6 including Nebby in the bag, entered Lush Jungle.

Now inside the Jungle, I saw the only light was the sun's rays filtering through the canopy above. I could hear bird chirping and hooting noises. Near a tall tree was a girl with green hair and suspenders, stirring a pot. A delicious smell wafted towards us.

Hau and Robert breathed the smell in. "Fooooooood."

Alex, Lillie, and I sweat dropped.

The girl noticed us and beckoned us over. "Come on over."

We walked up to her and she introduced herself. "Hello, my name is Mallow and I'm the Trial Captain for the Grass Trial."

Somehow, Hau and Robert had big wooden spoons in their hands. I didn't want to know how and where they got them.

They were about to dip the spoons into the soup in the pot, but Mallow wacked their hands with a bigger, metal spoon. "Not for you two."

They groaned and stowed their spoons away.

Mallow smiled brightly at us. "Anyway, I'm just finishing this soup up, but I need a couple more ingredients. Think you could be nice enough to fetch them for me?"

We nodded and she gave us a list of what she needed, including descriptions. And with that, we were off with Hau and Robert licking their lips.

Timeskip

Once we collected the ingredients, we returned to Mallow. She added them in the pot and began mixing it all in. Hau and Robert were drooling, staring at the soup.

Finally, Mallow was done. "Well, it's finished."

She looked behind us. "And look who's showed up. I guess it'll be a double Totem battle then."

I looked behind us and gasped. I got out of the way and Alex and Lillie followed suit.

Hau looked at us. "Why are you-!"

ROOOOAAAAAR

A roar sounded through the forest and Hau and Robert turned around. In front of them were two large and powerful looking Pokémon.

Rotom made his appearance. "Lurantis, the Bloom Sickle Pokémon and the evolved version of Fomantis. As it slashes into its enemies, it looks like it's dancing. Its elegant appearance has led some to call it the most glamorous Grass Pokémon."

"Tsareena, the Fruit Pokémon. A Pokémon with an aggressive personality and a mastery of kicking, it cackles every time it kicks an opponent."