Chapter 43: Storming Aether

I crouched, hidden in the darkness of the night

I crouched, hidden in the darkness of the night. A soft breeze filtered by and my trench coat billowed slightly with it. My all black clothes helped me stay hidden and the only light was from the moon overhead.

I waited on the black sand beach of Route 14 as I watched Nanu by the waters edge. Nanu had called Aether, saying he wanted to talk. Now all we had to do was wait.

I looked farther up the beach where Hau, Alex, Robert, and Gladion hid underneath a crumbling road. The only reason I wasn't with them was because incase Nanu needed back up. Unlike Emo Boy with his blonde emo hair, everything about me suited the surrounding darkness.

I focused my attention back at Nanu where I could see a black motor boat slow down, feet from the shore. A mixture of Skull grunts and Aether employees got off the boat and walked up to Nanu. Six in total, three Skulls and three Aethers. Shouldn't be too bad.

I could imagine Nanu scowling. "Where's the girl?"

The Aether employee in the lead, who had messy brown hair under his white cap, smirked. "What girl?"

As I slowly made a wide arc around everyone towards the water, careful not to be seen, I could see Nanu's fingers twitching towards his Dusk Ball. "Where is she!?"

A Skull grunt chuckled. "Hey yo, I think our bro here know to much.
You get?"

The head Aether employee grabbed a pokeball. "Oh, I get."

I was behind everyone now, ankle deep in black water, making no sound.

Nanu stepped backwards, releasing his Persian. "You can't take us all on."

The head employee laughed. "All of you!? There's only two of you and six of us with our Pokémon. You don't stand a chance."

He let out a Rhyperior, who bellowed. "You sure you can take us all on alone old man?"

"Oh," I said, whipping out two pokeballs, releasing both Kabutops and Lycanroc. "He's not alone. I do believe he said all of us."

They all turned around in surprise as I lunged forwards. I grabbed a Skull grunt by the throat and slammed him to the dark sandy ground.

"Aqua Jet and Accelerock!" I shouted as the enemy released a Hypno, Raticate, Gumshoos, Houndoom, and a Pokémon that I guessed was a Dragon and Fighting type by the looks of it.

"Dark Pulse!" Nanu yelled and our Pokémon collided with the enemies' Pokémon.

"Hakamo-O!" The employee with brown hair barked. "Sky Uppercut."

The Hakamo-O, who was the Dragon/Fighting type, appeared next to Lycanroc and sent him into the air with well aimed punches.

"Houndoom!" A Skull grunt shouted. "Flamethrower!"

"Sparkling Aria!"

A plethora of bubbles stopped the Flamethrower and sent the Houndoom flying.