Chapter 49: The Insanity of Cassandra

I looked at Lunala

I looked at Lunala. "Will you help us?"

Necrozma had separated himself from her just a couple minutes ago and the Ultra Recon Squad were eyeing him warily. However, Necrozma had no wish to inflict harm on Ultra Megalopolis once I had given him light.

Lunala nodded and looked at Necrozma. After a silent minute, Necrozma nodded.

Lunala turned back to me. "Considering what you saw Zeno, it seems wise to bring along Necrozma."

I nodded. "That would certainly help. Thank you Necrozma."

"No," Necrozma said. "Thank you. Thank you for freeing me from the darkness."

I smiled and turned to Phyco. "Are you sure you can't help?"

He shook his head. "We cannot. We have a city to rebuild."

I winced. "Yeah, sorry about that."

He twirled his mustache. "It couldn't be helped."

I shook his hand. "It was nice meeting you four."

They bid us farewell with the square version of the Alolan greeting/goodbye and set off into the city.

I returned back to Alex, Robert, Guzma, and the unconscious Lusamine. "You guys ready?"

My friends nodded and Guzma picked up Lusamine bridal style.

I looked towards the two legends. "We're ready."

Necrozma and Lunala nodded. Then Necrozma fused with Lunala, providing her with crystal armor.

Necrozma roared, his arms curling into jagged fists, and an Ultra Wormhole appeared in front of us. I let my friends and Guzma to go through first, I jumped into the wormhole, Necrozma right behind me.

As soon as I landed on the stone platform of the Altar, a rope wrapped itself around my body. I fell to the ground, unable to move. I watched as Necrozma flew out of the Ultra Wormhole and immediately, a huge electric web wrapped itself around him and he crashed onto the ground.

I turned my head to find my friends and Guzma bound just like m, unconscious as Lusamine, who was sprawled on the ground. A shadow fell over me and I looked up. The moon still shone in the night sky, its light reflecting upon Cassandra's long, crimson red hair.

She knelt next to me. "Would you look at that? I've finally got you, Zeno. Oh, how I've waited so long for this."

I gritted my teeth, wiggling my body. "What do you want Cassandra?"

"Oh, many things," she said, standing up, and I could see dozens of Radiance grunts all over the Altar. "Your death, Alola, to name a few."

"And how do you plan on taking Alola?" I asked, hoping to get some information on her plan.