Chapter 69: Semifinals Part 2: Zeno vs. Gladion

I breathed in

I breathed in. I lifted my gaze to look at Gladion. He had a look of confidence. I clenched a fist and grinned.

"Alright then," I shouted. "The battle ends here one way or another! You and me Mahina, we'll win this! Multi-Attack!"

Her claws glowed and she charged.

"Silvally," Gladion shouted. "You too! It's time to end this!"

His own claws glowed and he roared before running to meet Mahina. Then the two collided in a flurry of claws.

...

I walked onto the battlefield while Gladion walked from his side. We got to our spots and we each grabbed a pokeball.

"Trainers, send out your first Pokemon!"

I sent out Lycanroc while Gladion sent out a Crobat. A great match-up. For me at least.

"Begin!"

"Lycanroc," I shouted. "Accelerock!"

"Steel Wing!" Gladion yelled.

Crobat's wings turned to steel and he zoomed towards Lycanroc.

"Dodge," I commanded. "Then use Stone Edge!"

"Air Slash!" Gladion countered.

Crobat twirled mid-flight, his wings slicing through the air. The wind slammed into Lycanroc, sending him flying.

"Get him with Steel Wing!" Gladion commanded.

Crobat swooped in and caught Lycanroc in the stomach. 

"Stone Edge!" I shouted. "No way he can dodge it now!"

Lycanroc's eyes flashed and huge stones jutted out of the ground, one of them slamming into Crobat. 

"Rock Slide!" 

Lycanroc howled and huge rocks burst from the ground and soared above Crobat. They fell, several crashing into the Flying type.

"Acrobatics!" Gladion shouted.

Crobat disappeared, then reappeared just as Lycanroc was sent flying.

"Finish him," I yelled. "Accelerock!"

"Giga Drain!" Gladion shouted.

Energy was being sucked from Lycanroc into Crobat, but Lycanroc slammed into him, sending both of them crashing to the ground. 

When I saw Crobat struggle, I yelled, "Crunch!"

Lycanroc bit down and Crobat fainted.

"You know," I called to Gladion. "I thought you were stronger!"

Gladion smirked as he returned his Pokemon. "That was just the beginning Zeno! Now, the real battle begins!"

He sent out a Charizard and my eyes widened in surprise. "Didn't expect that. Alright then Lycanroc, Accelerock!"