1

Tom collapsed onto his couch. His eyes were baggy and his body was numb. The day at work wasn't the best. He checked his phone. Only a text from Edd.

Edd: hey Tom. Matt and I are going out to dinner, wanna come??

Tom really didn't want to. But he rarely hung out with Edd outside of the apartments. So he decided to text back.

Tom: why not, I'll be over in 5.

Tom sighed and got up from the comfort of the couch. He walked to his room and changed out of his work uniform and into his classic blue hoodie and black ripped jeans. Tom soon walked over to Edd's place. Matt was already there. It was no surprise.

Ever since the incident with Tord, Edd has been more attached to Tom and Matt. Mainly Matt but Tom still has his fair share of Edd's clinginess. Edd even went as far as to get Matt to work with him at the craft store he worked at. Matt didn't mind, he became more protective over the two. Mainly Edd because he was being so clingy.

Tom just had some really bad anxiety problems. He was constantly shaken up by almost anything. Even little things like having to stop bar fights. Tom worked down at the small bar down the street from the apartment. Mainly to get the discount on booze but eh, it worked out for him.

The three soon started walking down to the restaurant and grabbed a table.

They all sat in silence. That is until they had to order something. Tom got scared. His anxiety started to make his vision blurry. He tried to stay focus. The waitress turned to him, "and you would like?" She asked. Tom looked up at her, fear in his eyes. "He would just like a water" Tom turn towards Edd who had saved him from social interaction.

The waitress nodded and soon walked away. Edd turned back to Tom. "You doing okay?" Edd asked. "Just stress from work." Tom replied. "So how have you guys been?" "Pretty good, just dumb costumers." Edd shrugged. "Terrible!" Matt said dramatically, "My face has started to gain eye bags! From the lack of sleep." "Oh?" Tom giggled. Edd chuckled at the friends over reaction.

"Oh, what a dreadful thing to have happened." Tom said sarcastically. Edd started to laugh a bit louder, causing one or two people to peep over.

Tom started to laugh with a clueless Matt just staring to space with confusion written on his face.

Tom soon looked over smiling, noticing a black figure. A person wearing a black hoodie with gloves on just sitting there with what looked like coffee.

Tom soon looked away, kind of creeped out.

The gang soon left the restaurant, laughing and smiling with glee. They all made it home and went there separate ways.

Tom soon collapsed in his bed. His energy was drained and his body was done with existing.

He soon slid off his pants and threw them on the floor. He soon curled up in his blankets and fell asleep.

Edd woke up in the middle of the night, fear pulsing through out his body. He could feel shivers crawl up and down his back. He forgot it was gonna be cold tonight. Edd called out "hello?" Nobody responded. Edd rushes out of bed. He felt like a child but his problem about being alone got really bad at times.

Edd left his apartment and headed over to Matt's and opened it. Matt gave Edd a spare key cause he was tired of waking up in the middle of the night to go get the door.

Edd crawled into Matt's room and crawled up next to him and smiled.

Matt noticed and wrapped his arm around Edd protectively. Nobody was gonna mess with his friends again.

Morning soon raised and like any normal day Tom got up out of bed and got ready for work. Slipping on his uniform, he grabbed a pop tart and ate it and soon left the apartment.

Tom headed down the sidewalk, the sun was just starting to rise and it was chill. Tom always liked the sunrise and sunset, they were always so pretty.

Tom was half way to work when he heard gunshots. He shrugged it off and pretended it was nothing. Then he heard a loud blood cursing scream. Tom panicked and stoped dead in his tracks and turned.

More gunshots.
More screams.
Tom's heart raced.
Louder they went.
Tom started running back to the apartment building to find his friends.
Louder.
Tom ran into Matt apartment seeing the two curled in the corner in panic.
Louder.
Tom hurried towards them and hugged them close.
Footsteps.
The three huddled closer.

A knock at the door.

Lucky Tom locked it.

The person on the other tried to get in but was failing.

They heard banging on the door.

They were gonna kick the door down.

The three huddled closer.

BANG

Fear.

BANG

Tears.

BANG

The door bursted open.

The three huddle close.

So here's the first chapter of the redo! Yeah. So yeah! Goodbye old story!