4

Tom woke up. He couldn't see. The room was black. He felt pain rush back to him. He screamed again. He felt a nurse place him back down trying to calm him down. He felt a needle go back into his skin, his body went numb, but he couldn't sleep. Only black.

"Hello Tom." Tord walked in. His voice was dark. "How are you? Oh, man, you took quite a hit." Tord chuckled. Tom had a bandage wrapped around his head from the horns. He had a deformation in his tail bone. His hands were burned and cut. And finally. The one thing no one but Tom knew.

He was blind.

"I-" Tom could barley speak. "I can't see" Tom felt himself choke up. Tears traveled down his face. Tord looked stunned. "Fuck." Tord ran out of the room and down to the science room.

He had something happen before. He used to have a solider who went blind, he had passed away last month. Tord finally found them. A pair of electronic goggles that should allow Tom to see.

Tord did some adjusting, so they could fit and handle Tom's eyes.

Tord headed down the medical building and walked back in. Tom was still staring into space. Dried tears stained his face. Tord, felt, bad? He ignored these feelings and just went towards Tom. He lifted his face. "Who-!" Tom quickly got scared. "It's just me." Tord said. Tom flinched and started to back away. Tord got annoyed, and grabbed Tom and pulled him close.

A bit too close. The two were almost touching noses. Tord felt his face heat up in embarrassment. He pulled Tom away slightly and strapped the goggles into his face. Tom resisted but soon could see something happening. Tom could feel the world go back into place. He looked around. He could see. "Color may be off but it should last you until we get you a proper pair." Tord said. Tom didn't know what was going on, and he didn't like it but he didn't hate it.

"Thanks.." Tom said. He felt obligated, cause though Tord caused the problem, he did fix it.

"Red Leader. He's going to be fine, we should just keep a good watch on him for the next few days. We had a look at the serum, and the only problems he should have are mood swings and might be very emotional and clingy but other than that, the serum should help him with healing." The nurse said. "Thank you." Tord said and dismissed her out of the room. Tord looked over and Tom was just looking at his hands.

Tord didn't know what or why he was going to do this. Was it guilt or a good heart? "I'll have Edd and Matt stop by to give you a visit." Tord said as he got up and left the room.

Tom felt his world light up. He felt a smile creepy onto his face. He missed his two friends. And seeing them would definitely make this week feel a whole lot better.

Tord stood outside the room. He sighed and walked out of the medical building and started heading to the living headquarters for the soldiers. The red army was quite rich, so all the soldiers had there own room and a bunk mate. Edd and Matt's room had belonged to an old solider who's bunk mate broke the bunk. No, not because of weight but uh, let's say it's the reason the red army doesn't allow alcoholic drinks besides for party's anymore.

Tord figures they would be fine sharing a bed. Tord knocked on their door. He could hear whispering and soon enough the door slowly opened. It was Edd, he was wearing the uniform that Tord had ordered the two to wear before he left to visit Tom.

"Tom is the medical building and would like to know if you would visit him." Tord said. His voice was steady. "Yes!" Edd said, grabbing Matt. "Follow me." Tord said sternly. Tord followed them through the base and finally made it to the medical building and walked into Tom's room.

Edd and Matt were like magnates to Tom. The gave him a big hug! Tom felt himself wrap his arms around the two friends. "Tom! Oh my god, are you okay!?" Edd said. Looking at the bandage. "Yeah, I'm fine." Tom said. "What's that odd thing on your face?" Matt asked. "I-" Tom stoped. He was frozen. "I'm.... I'm, blind." He said.

The room went silent.

"Tom- do those?" Edd questioned. "Yeah, they help me see." Tom said. "Oh my god, please tell us everything." Edd asked, cupping Tom's face.

This made Tord uneasy. He had to stay in the room just in case. But watching them all together near Tom, made Tord feel weird. He didn't know this emotion but he hated it. "Okay, okay, you two need to head back. I'll have one of my soldiers show you around the place." Tord said. They all said their goodbyes.

Edd and Matt were escorted by a soldier named Lucas.

But first let's focus on Tom and Tord.

"Tord? Why are you still here?" Tom asked. Reasonable question. Tord always left Tom alone and it's been 5-10 min since Edd and Matt left. But Tord didn't know the answer. He felt happy in the world. Tord shrugged.

Tord kept starring at Tom. It was awkward. But to Tord, he couldn't stop. "Tord, what are you doing?" Tom asked. "Nothing." He said harshly.

Tord felt weird. He soon left the room, just out of awkwardness.

Oof, here we go.