7

Tord drove for about 3 hours until they ran out of gas. Tord sighed and finally settled this as their destination. It was the middle of nowhere. It wasn't a dried up area but nobody knew what it was.

The two sat outside. "Why are we here?" Tom asked. "I wanted to take you somewhere." Tord said. "But, you have work." "Paul can do it." "What about Edd and Matt?" "They have Daniel to take care of them. He's Paul and Pats kid." Tord said. "Paul and pat as in high school Paul and pat?" Tom asked. "Man, so many questions." Tord laughed, "but yes, high school Paul and pat." Tom laughed "I knew those two were gay!" "I know right! I remember when they told me! They turned to me and said "Tord, we have a confession." And I was like "oh I know you two are gay." As like a joke right? But then they just stared at me and I started to die." Tord laughed. Tom burst into laughter.

All the problems seemed to rush away. "Dude I am dead sure Edd and Matt are gonna date! Like I know you've seen them!" Tom said laughing. "Oh I remember! When Edd ran out of cola?" "Oh my god!" Tom started to burst into laughter at the memory. "When he just freaked the fuck out. And Matt just started to cradle him like a baby!" Tom laughed. Tord joined him to the point where the two were out of breath.

Tom wiped a tear from his face. "Man, good times." Tord smiled "Yeah, good times."

The two were silent.

"You want a drink?" Tord asked. "What you have?" Tom asked. "Water, maybe some cola, and I think a bottle of whiskey." Tord said. "You know what I want." Tom smirked. Tord nodded and grabbed the bottle and two cups, and a water bottle. "Make sure to drink water as well." Tord said. Tom just nodded.

As the sun was setting the two sat against the car. Drinking whiskey. Like friends almost.

"This is nice." Tom said. "Yeah." Tord smiles. Tom then realized what this was.

This was Tord.

Not Red Leader.

He wasn't getting what Tord was supposed to be, how he was supposed to treat others. He was seeing him, how he acted outside of work. Tom smiled.

Though he hated Tord, he felt like he could connect with him more.

"Hey Tord." Tom said, turning to him. "Yeah?" Tord asked. "Thanks, for ya know, taking me out here. It's nice." Tom smiled. Tord smiled, his face turning a light red. "It's really nothing. I love doing this. But I guess it's better to have company than to be alone." He chuckled. "How often do you come out here." Tom asked. "Sometimes, maybe once or twice a month, grab two things of gas, one for the drive up, and one for the drive back." He smiled.

Tom smiled as well. "At least your prepared." "Not completely, who says we won't run out of gas on the way back, or something spills." "Guess we'll just have to walk." Tom said.

Tom took of a sip of the whiskey, taking another sip of water right after.

The sunset was beautiful. The land seemed to glow. Tord was amazed by the view. Tom could feel the warmth of the sun on his skin.

Tom starts to hum out a song. He didn't know which song, but he didn't care. He closed his eyes and let the song go on. Tord soon joined in with his own tune, that seemed to blend perfectly with Tom's. The two kept humming, no words, just melody.

As the sun set down. The sky soon turned dark. Tom and Tord smiled at the stars.

The two laid down to star gaze. The two didn't speak. It was comforting silence.

"Tord." Tom said to break the silence. "Hm?" Tord questioned. "Why did you join the army?" Tom asked. Tord paused. He didn't know how to answer. "Parents born me into it. But they decided to send me off with Paul and pat off to have a life. We all lived together, which is why you could never see us separated." Tord sighed and turned on his side. "After high school, I disobeyed them and moved in with Edd, matt, and you. I was supposed to go back." Tord felt a year go down his cheek, he wiped it fast. "But then, my parents were assonated by another army leader, so I left to take my fathers place."

Tom felt guilty for some reason. Like how all of this could be his fault in some evil and horrible way. But it wasn't. Tord was born in the wrong family, and Tom couldn't blame him for that, or even blame Himself. He soon got up and helped Tord back up. He wrapped his arms around him. Tord paused for a moment, and then slowly wrapped his arms around Tom as well.

The two pulled apart and looked at each other. "Well, um, it's late, let's uh, ya know." Tord said awkwardly, his face turning light red. "Huh, yeah, um, of course." Tom said back.

Tord grabbed the gas can, and filled up the car. He hoped into the driver seat and started driving.

Half way through the drive. Tord Remembered something and stoped the car. "What's going on?" Tom asked, worried. "One sec!" Tord rushes out of the car and popped the trunk and grabbed something.

Tord came back to the car. "I found this in an old suitcase last month and listen to it a few times." Tord handed Tom a CD that read "EDD AnD FRIEnDS MIxTApE!!!" "Oh, my shit!" Tom squealed. "I remember this! Back in 3rd grade!" Tom squeaked with happiness.

"Yeah, it's really bad!" Tord laughed. "Dude this is like ancient!" Tom smiled.

It feels like it's been a million years.

Time for a flasssshhhh baaaacccckkk next chapter ;3