5

Edd and Matt met up with a soldier named Daniel. Daniel showed them around the base. And as the tour was coming to an end he asked. "So were you drafted in?" "Uh, no." Edd said, nervously. He wasn't sure what to say. "How'd you join?" Daniel asked. "We were..." Edd nearly stoped walking. "Kidnapped." Edd felt his body shiver at the word. The three stoped. "You're from the Britain draft?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah.." Edd said. Matt could see Edd's fear, so he grabbed his hand for reassurance. Edd felt his face go red. Daniel turned to them. "That's..."

"AWESOME!" Daniels face seemed to glow. "Uh- what?" Edd questioned. "Dude! What's ur like there!?" Daniel asked. "Uh, Nice. People are nice." Edd said. "The mirror shops are quite amazing, I must admit." Matt perked in. "I've always wanted to go to other countries!" Daniel said. "Well I mean, for like vacation, not for just missions." He chuckled. "Why haven't you?" Matt asked. "Oh, I can't really. I was born into the army. I'm only 18, and I'm head of my station!" Daniel said with glee.

"Cool." Edd said, fighting his grip on Matt's hand. "Yeah uh- anyways the tour." Daniel said, directing them to another section.

Next day

Tom woke up feeling way better than the day before. He managed to actually get up out of bed. Which compared to yesterday was huge improvement. Tom didn't stand for long, before tumbling over again. He climbed back into the bed. He was feeling dizzy again. And he could feel the room start to move.

Tom couldn't even feel himself get up. He stumbled around the room. Soon finding himself in a corner, where he collapsed onto the floor. He could feel himself feel more and more sick.

He threw up onto the floor. Whatever food he ate was gone. As pain ran through his body. He could feel the world start to close in.

Then

The door opened.

Tord looked at Tom on the floor. "Nurse!" He called out "we have a problem here!" He felt some string of panic.

The nurse ran in, panicked. She called out for the doctor. They forced Tom back into the bed. He couldn't even fight back. His goggles hung loose on his face.

They forced Ivs, needles, anything to get his heart rate up. Tord stood, and watched. The knew, he had to fix the serum. He couldn't risk it anymore.

After about what felt like forever. They finally calmed tom down. The nurse turned to Tord, fear in her eyes. "We found out the problem was, an over dose." She admitted. Anger went over Tord's face. He didn't know why, but he was too angry than normal. He felt like punching the nurse in her face. "And who's fault is that?" Tord asked, holding in steam. "We're not sure, we have to find out which doctor gave him his last dose. We'll be more careful next time." She said, clutching her clipboard.

She soon walked away. Tord grunted and looked back over at Tom. He had bruised arms because of he needles and pushing. His face was calm, the goggles removed. Tord sighed and soon left to get back to his office.

Edd and Matt walked around the cafeteria. They had just stoped in for lunch. Carrying their trays. Fear went through them. It was just like high school, where would you sit? The two panicked. They looked over and saw Daniel sitting alone. They manned up the courage and sat with him. "Oh? Hey." Daniel said as the two sat down.

"Hey." Edd said, his voice nervous. He clenched Matt's hand again. It made him calm. "So I assume you haven't gotten past all the awkward stares?" Daniel chuckled. "Yeah." Edd laughed awkwardly. "Do you have other friends here?" Matt asked. "Yeah, I have a few but they're all out on missions right now." Daniel smiled. "There's Ashely, she's very pretty and nice and I think you guys will like her as well as David, he's a bit, Uh." Daniel thought about it. "He's a bit out there." Daniel laughed.

"Oh, that sounds cool." Edd smiled lightly. It was nice to know that not all the people here were monsters.

Decided this was a good ending point, ima go work on my one shot book. And yeah. Sorry this was shorter than usual