No

Henry's POV

I was walking with my team towards the locker room to change when I was called by the coach aside.

"Henry nice work with the team" he said taking me to the office.

"Thanks coach."I was happy that he thinks my plays are helpful to the team.

"I was given a report on your grade on your last test in AP chemistry." he says the appreciative air he just created vanished into thin air.

"Coach I can explain-" I begin

He cut me off. "You know a bad grade can get you off the team right?" he ask his tone very accusing.

"I don't want off the team" I say defensive. Well try to get better grades my mind tells me.

"Neither do I" he confessed . "So I worked something out with your teacher and you will be assigned a tutor and you will be given another test in two weeks time." he says. "to make up for the bad grade" he adds.

"A tutor? How am I supposed to practice?" I ask as I feel sadness coming over me on the thoughts of not practicing with the team.

"I don't know Mr.  Bryan work something out and meet with Mr.Jones to assign you tomorrow okay?" he asks finally settling in his seat.

"Yes sir." I say a big frown clouding my face as I leave the room.

"And your new grade determines your stay on the team." he calls after me.

"Yes coach." I shout and walk out of his office to the locker room. I see my team mates but I ignore them and change silently.

"What is wrong man?" Dylan asks me. Dylan Stone my best friend and twin to my girlfriend Darlene.

"Nothing" I say looking tense.

"Common brother, we were talking, you talk to coach and now you are sad. Wanna share your worries?" he says and the way he summarized what just happened I can't help the smile that almost threatened to break free from my lips.

"I have to get a tutor because of my AP chemistry score you know the one I got a D in." I tell him.

"It can't be that bad" he says trying to encourage me but when I send him a loom he adds "O sorry man, but who is your tutor?"

"I don't know probably one of all those nerds." I reply.

"Wanna get pizza or some hot dog?" James calls at us.

"Yeah" I say following my team to the pizza place.

I meet Darlene waiting for me at the door of the locker room. I take her into my a hug and inhale her scent. She hugs me back and we begin to walk out of school to the pizza place.

It's like a ritual that after practice we stuff our mouth with every kind of food we can find around and we bring our girlfriends. I bring Darlene a cheerleader. Dylan brings Emerald also a cheerleader. My other team mates  James goes loner we think sometimes that he is gay.  Zack brings Candice also a cheerleader. Okay maybe it is a practice for a footballer to date a cheerleader.

Apart from James he's like that guy that break unspoken rules all the time.

We go in our separate cars.

"Baby why are you frowning?" Darlene asks me as we seat in my car.

"Nothing much Darlene it is just that I have got to have a tutor so I can keep up with AP chemistry. In kind of failed the last test." I explain to her.

"Don't worry Henry and I know you will do better" she says taking my hand in hers. I give her a smile and she does same.

"Yeah and I have to have this for two weeks before my make up test is scheduled." I say still feeling a little bit sad about it.

"Come on cheer up. What did you think of our routine?" she asked trying to stir try conversation to out normal type.

"It was lovely" I say when I find nothing else interesting about it. I wasn't even really watching it.

"Do you think so?"

"Yes" I reply and she grins from ear to ear.

This is our normal routine she asks what I think of her routine and I say the same thing I have been saying since we started dating at the beginning of senior year. We have no new thing to say to each other.

We drive to the pizza place in silence but with holding hands. This relationship I should call the one born out of necessity because there is really no necessary love between us. I just go with the flow as usual.

We get there and there are three pizza's in our front. We eat and sip on our different smoothies. The guys talk about our coming match with the rival team.

Then the girls try to drift it to homecoming. I know that Darlene is wishing I would ask her but I want to ask her two days before homecoming and it is still in a month's time.

We round up and go home. Darlene always makes me drop her home even though she can go with her brother her excuse is always that she doesn't want to be a third wheel to Dylan and Emerald. Of course Dylan drops Emerald at home. Their couple is the most emotional attached couple.

I drop her at home and head out to my house. As soon as I pack my car in the garage I am welcomed to the house with my brother Ethan sitting in his wheelchair at the window.

"Hey buddy" I said standing beside him.

"Hey brother, I have been bored to death" he said looking at me.

Again my routine conversation with my brother and then I try to explain to him that I had practice. Same routine everyday.

"Is mom home?" I ask him and he shakes his head.

"No she said she had a few errands to run." he tells me and I nod.

"Will you like some cookies" I said wheeling him to the kitchen before he could respond to get some cookies from the jar. I put some on the plate for him and we go to watch his favorite movie over and over again.  Avengers. We watch it all the time.

But what the heck no one wants to annoy the younger son on the wheel chair.

After a while I take him to his room. Wheeling on the stairs is a lot of stress.  The nurse has a lot of power to do it everyday.

I put him to bed and go to bed myself.

Ugh I have a tutor who is my age mate but guess what he I hope it is a he. He is smarter than me.

Typical day

Done finally.
I was thinking of what to make Henry not seem so perfect. Okay because I believe no one I perfect.  We all have something troubling us no matter how we try to hid it.
So don't forget to
Vote
Comment
Share.
💞💞