Why is he like that ?

Eva's POV

Henry called me lose I tell Emma as we drive to the house.

Why? She asked.

Well because I gave Phillip my number at lunch he thought I wanted to go on a date with him but I don't know why he cares anyway.

I think Henry likes you very much Emma says.

Don't come up with your theories you said KC liked me in fifth grade and it wasn't true he liked you all along.

Well I thought he liked you she defended.

She parked and we got out of the car we were stopped at the door with hugging from Mrs. Drayton.

Are you okay? She asked me looking at me.

Yes Mrs. -

Call me mom she cut me off.

Yes mom I said shifting.

Mom I am sorry OK good thanks for asking me. Emma said to her.

Come on Emma are you jelly? her mom asked.

Of course not mom, Eva is my bestie just that you didn't greet me she said sulking. Such a baby.

Sorry Em how was school today she asked her.

Fine Emma replied smiling brightly.

Come on in she said to us. I asked Doris to prepare lunch for you but before that let's go see dad she said leading us into on another living room.

Honey they are home she said busting into the room.

They are Emma's dad said turning to face us.

Dad Emma squealed and ran into his arms he scooped her up in a hug and kissed her forehead.

Mom moved closer to me and whispered. She is a daddy's girl. I hope you can be a mommy's girl she whispered smiling.

Yeah I said nodding. Have a family. I know I had rejected their offer to live with them before but they seem so nice and they didn't hesitate to take me in. Mom and Dad I can get used to that.

Sweetheart, I brought Eva here mom said trying to call the chatting pair of father and daughter.

Yes he said and looked up to me. Eva welcome to our house and please call me dad okay?

Yes dad I said with almost tears.

Dad, I thought you guys were not going to be around for the whole week?

Yeah we finished our work early and when you gave us that call we knew we needed to be home so we took the next available flight and we wanted it to be a surprise I hope we tried mom said.

Yes mom, a very big and wonderful surprise. Mom can we go shopping today? Eva's left her clothes and I want her to get new ones Emma asked her.

Well I am thinking we all need change of wardrobe. Let Eva wear your clothes and we can go shopping on Saturday what do you say?

Of course mom Emma said beaming.

But Emma you have a date on Saturday I said reminding her.

Her mom screamed and her dad's face turned into a deep frown.

Who is he?  Mom asked.

James Tyler Emma replied squealing with her mom.

Your crush mom asked. She nodded and sighed dreamily.

Well you are not going and that is final we heard dad say.

Why? Emma asked.

Because we don't know the boy Dad answered.