Confessed

Henry's POV

It's Wednesday and since the party on Friday I haven't talked with Eva more like she is avoiding me. I remember the conversation with her so clearly I'm head.

Are you going to get back with Darlene? She asked me

Do you really care? I said smirking. I prayed she cared.

No she said and sat well in my seat.

Well princess, I am not getting back with Darlene -

But her mom wants you to get back together.

I already like someone else I said to her and she stared at me

Who? She asked

Hmm?

Who do you like she asked me?

Well I don't know if she likes me also I says.

Tell me  she pestered.

When I parked in front of her gate to our house or should I say mansion.

I hope she accepts me when I tell her I like her. I said to her.

I am sure she will because you are the best person I know. Is she a cheerleader?

No I said shaking my head.

Who is she? She asked me.

You I told her and she just looked at me with stunned expression.

Anytime I see her she always avoids me. Even during lunch she doesn't eat in the cafeteria and I don't know where she runs off to. I have to tell her that even she doesn't feel anything presently I will wait for her and I will not force her.

After school I quickly go wait at Emma's car as I know she will go home with Emma. I wait until I see Emma's and James coming closer and then I see her red hair trailing behind them. Immediately she sees me she whispers something to Emma and begins to walk back to school.

I follow her and she enters the library. She sits down at one of the tables.

Why are you avoiding me? I ask her as soon as I get to where she was.

Silence

Eva why are you ignoring me? I ask again taking a seat in front of her.

Still silence.

I hold the hand she is using to turn the pages of her book firmly. She is trying to free herself from my grip.

Why are you ignoring me?

I am not ignoring you she says not looking at me.

Hell yes you are I almost shout.

The librarian comes around shh she says to us.

I nod to her and she goes. I want to talk to you I say packing her books holding her hands and pulling her out of the library to the field. We were to have practice but we have practice free week.

As soon as we stopped at the field I freed her.

Why are you avoiding me?

I am not avoiding you she said looking down.

Yes you are, is it because I told you I like you?

Her eyes widened and she shook her head.

Eva I like you but that doesn't mean you should ignore me. I know you don't like me now but you will learn to like me. I don't want to give up on you at all.

She looks at me. Xander she manages to whisper out.

Yes I encourage her to continue maybe she feels the same way.

Can we still be just friends?

Yes I said a bit disappointed but it is still a step to wining her heart. By the time we got the parking lot Emma had already left her.

Come I will give you a ride home I told her and she nodded.

Have you applied for colleges? She asked me.

No Princess I said to her.

Do you want to apply together? She asked me. I was happy at least she wanted to do something with me and that was an improvement.

Yeah sure just tell me when I said and she smiled weakly.

When I parked at her gate she came down and crouch to the open window.

Do you want to come in? She asked.

Sure I said and locked the car. I followed her in.

A middle aged woman opened the door for her.

Welcome home Ms. Eva she said to Eva collecting her bag.

Doris I have told you it is just Eva she said smiling to the woman.

Yes Eva the woman said smiling with her.

She led me to the living area. Make yourself at home I will change and inform mom that you are here she said going into the house. After a while she came back with a laptop and some papers.

We can ask well apply for colleges now. Emma will join us soon. Let me ask Doris prepare some snacks for us she said going to the place where the woman retired to.

Okay let's begin she said sitting beside me but there was a reasonable a distance between us.

What colleges do you want to go? She asked me.

I don't know I have never thought of this before I said. What colleges do you want to apply to ? I asked her.

Well I was thinking of applying to this ten colleges. Atlanta Technical college, Beulah heights university, Georgia perimeter university, Spelman college, Georgia State University, Agnes Scott college, West wood college Atlanta, Emory University, Luther Rice University and Fortis university. She said.

I will apply to the same universities as you I said to her.

So would I Emma said sitting with us. I am so disappointed that Emma is here but either ways I am still spending time with her.

Okay let's begin. We worked and Doris brought some chips and dip for us. We ate talked and joked.

Emily came downstairs looking at us.

Henry how are you? She said once she saw me.

I am fine Emily lovely to see you again.

I can say the same she said winking. I hoe you will stay for dinner she was beaming.

Yes I said and she made way to the kitchen.

As soon as Emily was out of sight Eva smacked my arm.

Ouch! What was that for?

For agreeing to dinner she said.

When my mom asked you to stay for dinner I never smacked you I said to her.

She opened her mouth to say something then closed it before saying well  played Henry. I just chuckled at her actions.

If you guys are done playing love birds can we get back to the seventh university Emma said nonchalantly.

Eva's gave her a glare and uploaded the website of the Georgia State University.

Hey guys. If you are living in Georgia comment. I really love that part of the world. Love

Vote
Comment
Share
💞💕💞💕