Prologue

Altea was the greatest. Her land stretched beyond the horizon. She was full of magic. Her forests were the most beautiful, fields of flowers stretched for miles. Her villages were full of life and joy. Her people were happy and peaceful.

They used to be greatest Allies with Dibazaal. King Alfor was closest of friends with Emporor Zarkon.

They lived in harmony. They fought side by side.

They had the mystical lions of Voltron by their sides and their greatest friends with them and their lions.

Blaytz with friendly Blue, Trigel with curious Green, Gyrgan with gentle Yellow, Zarkon with leaderly Black, and Alfor with protective Red.

Red was very much a mother hen to her knight and the other lions. Especially Blue. Blue was too playful for her tastes.

Everything was great.

Especially when Zarkon fell in love.

Honerva was a beautiful Altean. In fact, she was Alfor's leading scientist. She fell for him, as well.

But she dove too deep into her work. He fell too far in love with her. Nothing else in the world mattered more. Not his duty, not his friendship, not his kingdom. Nothing took priority over her.

The magic - quintessence - took over her. It controlled her. She was no longer there, even when her son was born.

Zarkon just wanted her to get better.

But he only made things worse.

In attempting to save her, Dibazaal was destroyed, Altea was bursting at the seams, surrounding kingdoms caught in the crossfire.

The lions disappeared as their paladins were killed off one-by-one by a now corrupted Emporor Zarkon.

Galran forced spread, taking over the world.

Thousands of years will pass before any change...