Town

"I believe we started off on the wrong foot."

Keith raised a brow at the hand held out in front of him. He was currently on a long outside, sharpening his blade. He tilted his head and looked up into ocean blue eyes. "Do you have some kind of death wish?"

Lance huffed, folding his arms over his oddly toned chest. That only made his shoulders look broader, especially as he straightened up. "Well, the name's Lance. What's yours?"

The shorter man scoffed and leaned back. "Keith... Keith Kogane."

"And to answer your question; no. I don't have a death wish. At least, not by your pretty little hands."

Keith jolted and furrowed his brows. "Was that... An insult?"

Lance laughed, tilting his head back. Keith gulped, trying hard not to watch the way his Adam's Apple bobbed slightly.

"Take it any way you'd like, samurai." He winked and turned, walking back to the shack.

Keith watched him, then looked down at his hands. I don't have little hands...

~

Keith eyed the way Takashi flexed his metallic hand, stretching the fabric-like fingers. Takashi watched his own hand as he listened to Tsuyoshi. Keith snapped his attention away and looked up as Lance spoke up.

"So, I'm being dragged on your little expedition?"

Kathryn's right wing twitched as she sighed, fingers combing through the feathers of her left wing. "No, jerk. We're asking if you'd like to come along. We could use your help. Plus, you're a knight of Voltron. We're the only three at the moment." She muttered, guesturing to him, herself, then Tsuyoshi, then nodded towards the three lions grooming each other.

Lance nodded. "Yeah... True."

Tsuyoshi leaned back against the counter, folding his arms. "Plus, you're the only long-distance shot and medic I trust. You're also the best there is- at both. We really need you, bud."

"I'm coming." Lance sat up straight. "You don't need to praise me, Hunk. I love you enough to say yes before you even have to ask." He flashed a bright grin, dimples denting his cheeks and his eyes wrinkling at the corners. Keith observed this and pursed his lips. "I just have to make a run back home and grab some stuff."

"That's fine." Kathryn shifted, folding her wings behind herself. "Keith and I will run into town while you do that and grab thinks we'll need. Shiro will get horses."

"What?"

"Sorry, not all of us can shapeshift into a horse ourself or fly." She playfully stuck her tongue out at him.

Takashi chuckled and leaned back, relaxing. "Alright, alright. I'll get the horses."

Keith smiled softly at their exchange, leaning back.

"Wait, if I'm so great, why is Samurai coming?"

Keith shot a glare at Lance. "Excuse you?"

Lance smirked and shrugged at him.

Tsuyoshi sighed as Shiro groaned. "Stop it, you two. Hunk?"

"Combat. Strategy. We need impulsivness and someone who's quick and light on their feet. We need someone who knows swords." Tsuyoshi gestured to Keith. Keith smirked at Lance this time. "He is also an asset."

Lance hummed and sat back. "Alright. Fine by me."

Keith scowled at this and dropped against the back of his chair, crossing his arms. "Ass."

~

Kathryn adjusted her wings beneath her cloak to completely conceal them. She left her hood down as they walked through the practically deserted town.

She kindly greeted villagers, waving to passing children. Keith noticed, as they walked through the markets, that Kathryn became easily distracted. He had to collect her several times and he carried everything she bought.

Currently, Kathryn was searching through daggers for herself. She hummed, thumbing blades carefully, eyes trailing over the hilts.

"Yeah... None of these are good."

Keith bit back a snort as the manager choked on his cheap wine. "Then lets go."

She huffed, but stepped back and moved on to the next shop.

The fairy picked and grabbed whatever was on her list, plus some. Keith groaned with the weight.

"Alright!" He yelped as she placed two sacks of apples on top of everything else. She blinked, eye lashes fluttering. "Let's drop these off and pick up more later!"

Kathryn's brows furrowed. "That's not efficient. We need all of it at once. Then our journey will begin sooner. The sooner, the better."

Keith groaned, then nearly collapsed in relief at a familiar voice and the offering they bring.

"Here, Keith. Let me take all that."

Takashi lifted up a majority of what Keith had and took it from him. Keith felt so much lighter.

Kathryn grinned. "There you are! Hey, you got a wagon, too!"

The shifter chuckled, getting up in said wagon and setting everything down before starting to organize. "Yup. Covered wagon, which was a little more expensive, but everyone will be grateful we have it. Also, meet Honey, Speck, Flare, and Kaltenecker."

In order of his gesturing, there was a large, golden draft with a white blaze, white mane and tail, and one pink hoof. She held her head up, looking about curiously. Next to her was a stout blue roan, ears perked up. He had a white little snip on his nose, closer to his right nostril. Then was a slim, cherry red mare with a long black mane and tail. She fidgeted impatiently. Lastly, there was the black and white cow at the head of the wagon, grazing lazily.

"Wow." Kathryn giggled, trotting over and stroking Honey's muzzle. "They're great, Taka!"

Takashi smiled at her. "Glad you like them."

Keith huffed and nudged Takashi. The older just shrugged him off.