Chapter 8

Brenda's POV

Thursday, October 16, 2014

It has been a week since the whole school has found out about Tina's pregnancy. I had a suspicion since I know how a woman pees a lot during a pregnancy. I speak from experience. My cousin had a baby a few months before we moved and she lived right beside us so we saw her a lot, and every time we saw her, she had to pee. Anyway, tomorrow we're finally moving the furniture in. It was 9 O'clock and I was watching T.V. with my mom, Chris and Kevin. After the whole slushy thing, Chris apologized for everything he's done to me and we hugged it out. Well, actually, I smacked him one good time then I hugged him. And when Kevin came home last week, I hugged him so hard, punched the shit out of him, just like I told Sam I would, and then I hugged him again. Mama was in the recliner and I was in between Chris and Kevin on the couch. We're watching 'The Conjuring', which I found very disappointing. I mean, Chris, who is 21 years old, is screaming like a girl every few seconds. I just sat there watching it. We were only ten minutes into the movie. I find that very scary because I've never been this bored. I sighed and took my phone out. I logged into Facebook and saw I had a few messages. It was from my friends Layla, Aron, Jacob and Melody.

Aron's said, Hey girl! I miss you a lot and I hope to see you around Christmas. Oh, and you need to text me!

Layla's said, Hey when are you coming back!?!?!?!? I wish you didn't move!

Jacob's said, Bae, when are you coming back? Everyone at school miss you bae! We had this joke that we would call each other bae all the time. We're like brother and sister.

And Melody's said, I heard that your finally in Ohio! Did you know that's where I live? I go to McKinley. Idk if you go there. Do you? I haven't been for the past few weeks since my vacation was extended. I'm coming back this weekend, maybe we can meet up. Oh, and I have a boyfriend! His name is Ryder Lynn!

I forgot that she lived in Ohio now! I messaged them back and told them about my few weeks in Ohio. I looked at the time and saw it was 9:30. I groaned. Tonight was just going by so slow. I was tired and wanted to go to bed. But mama wants me to stay up and watch the movie with her. I got comfortable by putting my head on Kevin's lap and my feet on Chris. I heard my text alert and picked up my phone. It was from Mike.

Brenda, I know where Tina is!~Mike Chang

Oh my god where is she??? And is she okay???~Brenda Jackson

She went to stay with some cousins in Texas. She's okay thank god!~Mike Chang

Thank god! When did you talk to her? And do you know when she's coming back?~Brenda Jackson

I talked to her about 10 mins ago. I've been texting everyone else since then. And she said that she doesn't want to come back. I know she will, because her mom and dad are going down there.~Mike Chang

Okay, I'm happy you heard from her. I know your happy. Are you coming tomorrow?~Brenda Jackson.

Yeah, I have to get my mind off some things. I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow.~Mike Chang

Okay, bye. Let me know if you talk to Tina anymore.~Brenda Jackson

Okay, bye~Mike Chang

"What are you smiling about?"

"Mike talked to Tina today and knows where she is."

"That's good." I heard my text alert again. At least I have something to keep me busy, I thought. It was Sam. I smiled.

Hey Brenda, whats up?~Sam Evans

Nothing much. My mom, Chris, Kevin and I are watching the Conjuring.~Brenda Jackson

Cool. That movie sucks.~Sam Evans

I know, were only like 30 mins into it and Chris is screaming like a girl every five seconds. It's just a disappointing movie~Brenda Jackson

Lol, I know. I was like 'This is supposed to be scary?' Even Stacy and Stevie think it sucks.~Sam Evans

Haha, I bet. And it's supposed to be a true story! Haha no. I've had freakier experiences in my life.~Brenda Jackson.

That's what I said. So what things have you experienced?~Sam Evans

Well, when I was 13, I was sitting in the living room and you could look right in the laundry room and see the dryer, well, I watched as that damn thing opened and closed by itself. It scared the shit out of me.~Brenda Jackson

Dang. That would have sacred the shit outta me too.~Same Evans

So what time are you coming tomorrow?~Brenda Jackson

Idk, probably around 10. I get up at like 7 every morning and go to the gym for 2 hrs then I take a shower. And the twins aren't coming tomorrow. My mom is spending time with 'em~Sam Evans

Okay that's fine. What'cha doin'?~Brenda Jackson

Doing homework. This junk sucks.~Sam Evans.

I know how ya feel. I went ahead and did it earlier. Bring it with you tomorrow and I'll help you. I'm so happy we don't have school tomorrow.~Brenda Jackson

Me too! And okay! Thanks Brenda~Sam Evans

No problem. I'm happy to help~Brenda Jackson. We talked for a little while longer then he had to go.

TIME SKIP

The movie was finally over and mama sat there staring at the T.V.

"Well, that was disappointing wasn't it?"

"Very. I'm just happy I got Chris screaming!" I said and got up. "I'm so showing this to Glee Club!" I said. I saw Chris' face and went running to my room. I locked it so he couldn't come in. I started laughing as he started yelling at me.

"You Bitch!"

"Thank you! I'm a bitch and I'm proud of it!" I yelled back. "Go on back down stairs. I'm going to bed."I laughed as I heard him mumbling as he walked down the stairs. I went into my bathroom and took a shower. I brushed my teeth again, made sure all of my makeup was off. Then I put on a tank top and short shorts. I turned my T.V. off and laid down on the bed. I went to sleep, wishing tomorrow could get here faster.