Chapter 25

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Third Person POV

Everyone was in the choir room except for Brenda, Sam, Laura and Melody. Mr. Schue came in and asked,

"Where's Brenda, Sam, Melody and Laura?" Everyone shrugged.

"I'll call him if you want, Mr. Schue." Finn said. Mr. Schue nodded. Finn got his phone out and called Sam's phone. He put it on speaker and it rang a few times before he answered.

"Hello?" He sounded tired and in pain.

"Dude, where the hell are you?" Puck yelled into the phone.

"Damn Puck, why you yelling in the phone?"

"Because we want to know where you are!"

"The hospital."

"Why are you at the hospital Sam?" Mercedes asked. There was a loud groan in the background."And what was that?" Sam sighed and said,

"Mama's in labor. She woke us up around 3 this morning and we've been up ever since. Dad is in California with T.J and Barney. He said that he's on his way back but I don't know when he'll be here. Brenda and I are up here with her and the twins are at home with Donna."

"Well that's good right? That she's having the baby?"

"I guess. I mean, I can't wait until she's born but I feel like absolute crap right now."

"What do you mean, Sam?" Artie asked.

"Well, my mom is like, crushing my hand right now, I'm tired, my throat hurts, my nose is stuffy and I have a killer headache. Brenda's not feeling to good either so I told her to take a nap, which I don't know how she's sleeping through the grunting and groaning." There was a muffled 'Shut the fuck up Sam.' in the back ground.

"Yeah, we're not on the best of terms right now."

"Damn straight we're not. Mary, I'll be right back."

"And she just left."

"Well, we're gonna get back to practice. We hope you feel better Sam, and tell your mom we wish her the best of luck."

"Thanks and I will. Bye."

"Bye!" Everyone chorused.Finn hung up the phone.

"That was interesting. I wonder what they're fighting about." Everyone shrugged and they went back to practicing.

With Sam and Mary at the hospital after the phone call.

"Why are you two fighting?" Mary asked Sam after the epidural started working and she finally let go of his hand.

"I don't even remember. I think I accidentally sneezed on her or coughed on her or something and she got pissed, even though I apologized." He said.

"Do you have a cold? It sounds like you're talking out of your nose."

"I don't know. I feel like crap though. I have a headache, I'm tired, my throat hurts, my nose is stuffed."

"Why don't you go lay down Sam? I'm gonna try to take a nap. I know you're tired."

"I don't want to sleep and you not to be able to."

"Sam." She said strictly. "Lay down, now." His eyes widened and did as she asked. He tried to get comfortable on the hard couch. Despite being uncomfortable, he fell asleep, only to be woken up by his girlfriend when she came back into the hospital room five minutes later. She had a water bottle and a couple of pills in her hand. He squinted up at her.