8.

when i had gotten home from work, the one thing i truly had feared was coming home. i had pushed my intoxicated "father".

'i'm gonna get it.' i think to myself and clench my phone.

i grab my bag, phone and slowly make my way into the house.

i grab the doorknob and of course the halfwit number 1 and 2 left it unlocked.

i slowly walk into the house and shut the door ever so quietly.

i make my way up to the stairs and hide quickly from the sound of my "father" or Jesse which i would much rather call him.

i am just about to open my door when i hear a faint sound of footsteps, my eyes bulge and i throw my stuff onto my bed fearing for my life.

i quickly look at the clock at it reads 10:30pm

"sweetheart, ohhh w-wendy.?" i hear a slur coming down from the hallway.

i hide and clench my fists, feeling disgusted.

the slow slurs turn into anger "you think you're gonna get away with that stunt you pulled today, hm?" he slurs and i hear his footsteps dragging along the bare floor.

i am hidden behind my bed, and i'm about to duck more when i suddenly kick the dresser which causes to make the worlds loudest bang.

'damn it, Wendy!' i cry to myself

"oh? look at that you were already hiding mmm? i hear his slurs coming closer and someone grabs me by the arm swinging me in front of them.

i see a shadow of a hand come up and a stinging sensation to my face, and i'm immediately pushed into the dresser, then following the floor.

"you're useless, ya know that?? you're a waste of time and money." i hear the worst thing come out of his mouth

i grab onto my face shocked, while tears are streaming down my face.

i run to shut my door, locking it behind me.

i grab my phone unable to control my soft sobs which escape my mouth.

i go into my bathroom and lock it as well.

'ring..ring.. ring' pick up damn it

"hello, this i-" the very familiar man says into the phone

"i-i can't b-breathe, he hit me so hard." i sob into the phone."

"w-what happened! i mean, are you okay did he hurt you?" i hear his voice go low

"h-he slapped me across the face and then i-i fell into the dresser..." i gasped for air

"look, i'm telling you now. please. get out of there while you can."

"i c-can't just leave like i-it's not that easy." i sniffle

"can't you save up?"

"yes..."

"well i was checking the time and your early by 1 and a half hour."

'h-he remembered what i said earlier.'

"you remembered?"

"yes, of course i did."

this man..... why do i feel like he connects with me. it's strange because i don't see it.

"how old are you? or are you not allowed to give out private info to us." i ask him

"well....2 years older than you."

i gasp silently

"why did you chose to work at a hotline, when you're so young?" i ask still frightened from before.

"so i can help someone like you." i hear him say.

did i even hear him correctly..

"like me? what about me is worth saving?"

"... everything. just hang tight for a bit longer."

"i hope i took your mind off this, sleep with your door locked and window to be safe."

"beep."

we hung up.

i was so shocked, somehow my stomach felt weird. i felt nervous, or...no no why does my heart feel like this after talking to this guy i haven't even met. what the hell..

'remember the wall you're supposed to put up. don't forget.' part of me said that to myself and then part of my self said how much i need to be saved.