22.

i wake up early in the morning, as it is still dark outside. i feel a comfortable cushion instead of the couch and i remember i am in brad's bedroom because he couldn't sleep last night.

i turn my face towards him and look at his relaxed face. somehow it soothes me and i can't help but think.

why do i deserve someone like you? even if we aren't dating or a thing...well to you at least. even if you think of me as a friend, why do i deserve you? i will never understand how someone like you can calm me down, comfort me, protect me, and care for me. you're a gift, Bradley.

the only thing that truly fears me is losing you.

i close my eyes and make myself fall asleep once again as my mind still lingers on the thought of you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i feel the bed creak and i see Brad rolling out of his sleep, i am soon blinded by the sunlight and i close my eyes.

unable to fall back asleep i wake up and get out of the bedroom quickly, i go to the bathroom to brush my teeth as usual.

i spot Brad on the couch still half asleep and i shiver due to the morning cold.

brad turns his attention to me and widens his eyes.

"you cold?" he asks and i nod slowly.

he hands me the blanket that was on the couch and i wrap myself in it comfortably.

"i have to work today." brad tells me and i frown slightly

"okay." i nod

"if you need anything just text me."

i nod once again and he goes into his room i suppose to get ready for work.

once he finishes getting ready i hear his footsteps coming around the hallway back into the kitchen.

"alright, i'll see you later then." he says and i wave goodbye

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
it's been about 5 hours and his shift should be over soon, my phone buzzes and i pick it up reading a message from a random number.

my face immediately clouds over worriedly and my body begins to tremble as i read the text.

"i hope you know i'm still searching for you, i will make sure you know you're nothing." i read to myself and don't text back.

soon enough my phone buzzes again and i pick up the phone.

"i will get my revenge on you, since i already got it on your mother." i read this text and my hands begin to shake.

no. i blocked his old number. how'd he find it.

i soon hear a door opening and Brads footsteps.

he walks into the kitchen looking at my worried expression.

"what's wrong wendy? you look pale." he worries and i hand him my phone quietly

i look extremely scared and he reads the text and i immediately sense a hint of anger in his look.

"when did he send this! "

"don't listen to him. you're not gonna go any where." he says pacing nervously

i look down unable to feel anything

"listen to me, you're gonna be okay.remember what i said? as long as you're with me no one can hurt you." i nod and he takes me into his arms safely and i breathe a sigh of relief.

"i'm just scared he will find me." i confess and he grabs my arm

"no, he's not and if he does i'll wish him luck when i'm around."

i let out a deep sigh "you have nothing to be worried about anymore." he reveals and i nod.

"i'm gonna protect you with all my heart, wendy. because.." i hear him hesitate.

"because?" i ask confused

"because i have feelings for you wendy, and i care about you. and when you care for someone you protect that certain someone from getting hurt again."

he reveals and pulls away from
the hug
~~~~
short chapter i know i'm sorry and cliffhanger omg i hate me too.
i'm super exhausted but i wish you guys could interact with me more! like i know people read my story so please if you have the time comment, tell me what you thought about the chapters, or message me! i love talking to you guys or answering questions, on my old book i would have contact with lots of fans from the book and they always asked questions or gave their opinions. don't be shy!

goodnight xoxo