Chapter 1: The Beginning

[A/N] I'm rewriting everything to make it sound better so you can enjoy reading this that much more. The final chapter will eventually be released after all this rewriting is over.

I should also add that I'm back, after three years. Has it been that long?

I should also say that I'm rewriting my rewriting. Yeah, I only checked the first chapter through a grammar app and just learned that I'll be rewriting what I was writing back in October of 2020. Yay!

The morning sun shone through the open window. 

A shape began to move leisurely out of bed. The soles of their feet connect to the floor, producing a thud sound. 

They yawned and stood there for a second, attempting to get themselves awake. It, however, proved to be useless as they stumbled, trying to walk. 

They stared at their door, pondering if it was worth the energy to open it and proceed downstairs.

Reluctantly, they opened the door and slowly went down the stairs.

The reason for going downstairs even though the warmth of their bed was so compelling? Why, of course, Camp. 

Their mother would have woken them up anyways. 'Might as well,' they thought.

Upon entering the living room, their mom in the other room beckoned them over.

"Y/N, Come here and get some breakfast! I have your favorite cereal."

They wandered over to a table with a spoon and their favorite cereal on it, sitting down and beginning to eat.

"Y/N, do you remember you have camp today?" 

Of course, they remember. It was stealing away summer break. Why wouldn't they?

They don't know much about the specifics other than they think the Camp was called Camp Campbell. But, they do know that their mom set them up for something they didn't want to do to get them out of the house. 

For them, this may have been the third time their mom has done something like this, despite telling their mom multiple times to stop.

"Did you pack your bags yet?"

"No, not yet." 

Their tone of voice responding to their mom's question showed just how much they'd rather sleep all day. 

"Well, you should immediately. The bus will be here by noon."

They started grumbling to themselves about how much it would suck and how bothersome it would be to deal with random strangers. 

They slowly finished their cereal and went back upstairs.

They stood in the middle of their room debating on what to pack. Then deciding that throwing all their belongings into a heap in the middle of the floor was the best option. Haphazardly also throwing breakable and pointy objects. 

"Now, what should I pack?"

They had a habit of talking to themselves whenever they needed to do something. Things always seemed to get done that way.

They randomly started violently throwing clothes and other objects into their old tattered suitcase that their family has had for generations.

They were so frustrated about Camp that they sincerely didn't care what might be in there anymore.

"This will do."

They brought their suitcase downstairs. No, more like they launched their suitcase down the stairs. They're still frustrated about Camp, shown through their little demonstration.