Chapter 24 : David appriciation day

~(Y/N) P.O.V.~

I woke to Max, shaking me gently. "(Y/N), wake up, it's going to be your job to wake up David and tell him yourself it's national David appreciation day." Max spoke. "Slow down, just how much caffeine did you have." I sarcastically said. "Haha, very funny babe! Now let's get going, David wake up very early." Max spoke again. "Did you just call me babe?" I questioned. He turned crimson red and put his sleeves over his face embarrassed. "Max, it's okay! But I have an idea, since you called me babe, I'll start calling you by that now." I suggested. "F-Fine! C-Challenge accepted. Let's g-go now." He grabbed my hand and led me to David's tent, then pushed me in. I walked over to David and shook him. "David, wake up!" I whispered "(Y/N), why are you in my tent?" David questioned. "Didn't you hear. It's national David appreciation day." I exclaimed "Really?" David asked and I nodded." Now come on, it's your big day, don't want to keep everyone waiting." I told him. He jumped out of bed and was surprisingly already in his clothes, but not really surprising because he's David. He walked out to whole camp awake early for once. I slowly got away to Max, then spoke, "Now what babe?" He blushed but spoke "Everyone get to show David something, if they want, but this has to last until night." Preston walks up to David and says he plans a solo play that will last more than an hour. Everyone else prepared for there turn,except me and Max. We didn't have to for some reason. Also everyone could watch the play but everyone gladly skipped, except David, poor David. So Max and I decided to go to our tent, instead of the play. "Do you want to explain how you managed to do this in one night and make everyone agree?" I questioned. "Well babe, it's called I'm in charge here. Everyone agrees no matter what, I still have that don't care about anything except you, and fuck this hell hole. My reputation is damn exactly the same as before." Max replied. "Does your reputation only matter?" I questioned. "Why would it matter, I have you here. Im just glad the others still respect me." Max spoke. "Do they respect you babe?" I questioned again. "Let me reword that! It's more like I'm the boss and they have to do it against their will because I said so." Max replied. I snickered. "What's so funny?" Max questioned. "It's just the fact that you said that you bossed everyone around." I spoke. Then Gwen over the speakers said that next is Nerris and any could play dungeons and dungeons. "What even is that!?" I questioned ,very confused. "It's like a very boring board game, that David is going to have to play for hours with her." Max stated "isn't that fun" I sarcastically said. "I know, it's bad. I wish I could blow it up with the grenades we have." Max stated. "We have...grenades." I blandly asked. He goes to his bed and pulls out a box underneath the bed. He opened the box to reveal grenades,fireworks, and guns. I facepalmed and asked "Why do you have any of this under your bed?" "You don't know when you need to blow up something or I guess if Daniel is still alive." Max stated. "I guess....that works." I said. He smiled and put the box back under his bed. Then the speakers went on to Gwen's voice. "Okay you little shits, next is Nurf with....knife lessons?" I facepalmed and Max smirked at this. "Is it that bad, I have a pocket knife." Max stated. "Just, would David even be able to do that?" I questioned. "You realize that it is for everyone, right?" He questioned back. I sighed and put my head on his shoulder. "My head hurts." I stated, then Max chuckled a bit and pulls me into a hug. "So cute" I heard Max mumbled. I blushed and squealed. "Im not cute!" He chuckled and stated, "I didn't know you heard that." Then Gwen went over the speakers. "Let's see, knife lessons were cut short, so next is Harrison with magic tricks and also lunch." Max shuttered at the word magic. "What's wrong?" I questioned. "Harrison and I don't get along well with magic." Max shuttered. "Well let's go to lunch." I changed the subject. We walked to the mess hall and sat down at our table. "Hey guys, are you going to do something for David." I asked. "Nah" Nikki exclaimed. "Of course, if I want to beat Harrison, I must beat him with science!" Neil exclaimed even louder than Nikki. "Do you know who else is not doing it?" I questioned.  "Erid, she's to cool too." Nikki shouted. Sure.... I'll just go back to my tent now. "Hey Max, let's go." I whispered. "Ya, it's pretty boring here." Max whispered back. Max grabbed my hand and led me back to the tent. "Bye (Y/N)~" Nikki exclaimed. We got back to the tent then announcements went on. "Okay, next is Dolph with arts and crafts." Gwen blandly said. "Do you want to do something, it's a bit boring in here." Max asked. "Ya, I guess." I answered. He grabbed me by the hand and led me into the forest. "Max where are we going?" I questioned. "I don't know, I guess a tree to sit on." Max stated. He went by a tree and started to climb it, then helped me up as I got up. "So what now?" I questioned. He hugged me, putting his head on my stomach. "Just some peace and quiet, mind if I fall asleep?" Max questioned. "I don't mind." I stated. As he fell asleep, I slowly started to fall asleep.

~Time skip~

I woke up to Max shaking me. "(Y/N), you have your phone, right? What time it is?" He frantically asked. I looked at my phone, which was in my pocket. "It 6:30" I stated. "Good, I still have time." He exclaimed. "Time for what?" I questioned. "You'll see~, until then, go to the mess hall and wait for me. I'll be there five minutes." He jumped off the tree and went somewhere. I jumped off the tree and headed to the mess hall. Upon arrival, I went to my table. "Where's Max?" Neil questioned. "I'm not sure exactly, but he said he would be back in five minutes." I stated. Then Max came busting through the mess hall doors and walked over to the table. He then grabbed my hand and yelled, "Everyone outside, NOW." Everyone got up and followed after us. We got to a clearing and David was talking, but I didn't listen. Then David  scooted over and looked up to see... FIREWORKS! I stared in awe, Max got me to the side and kissed me on the lips. "I knew you'd like it~" Max exclaimed. I smiled and hugged him, which he returned the hug. Then everything seemed so fast. It was time for bed and I slowly started to fall asleep.

~Thanks for reading and this chapter contains 1215 words!~